Historians in the future, if there are any, will of course study our age as we study ages already past, seeing what we ought to have done, and wondering how we came to make the mistakes that we do. As uusual, they will find it hard to understand how we missed the clues which will be plain to them – clues which undoubtedly are already staring us in the face.(1) (Mary Midegley, anthropologist.)
- Information Technology and SocialismSocialism will be a society based upon production for use. But what does this mean? How could this work and what part could be played by information technology in socialism?
- Hunting, gathering and co-operatingIs a change in the basis of society from one of minority class ownership to one of common ownership against human nature?
- Is Socialism against human nature?Dispelling myths about human nature.
- Government or Democracy?How democracy would be different under world socialism.
- Co-operation makes sense Review of ‘The Selfish Gene,’ by biologist Richard Dawkins.
- Socialism will work Reply to critics who argue that human greed makes socialism impossible.
- Beyond Cynicism A reply to a disillusioned reader.
- Why we don’t need money. A sane, alternative way of allocating resources