Russian Tensions

May 2024 Forums General discussion Russian Tensions

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 5,155 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

It seems that the de-escalation was premature.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Told you.
    It’s the big one!

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

John Pilger, the veteran war correspondent

John Pilger: War in Europe & the Rise of Raw Propaganda

Russian-speaking Ukrainians, under economic blockade by Kiev for seven years, are fighting for their survival. The “massing” army we seldom hear about are the 13 Ukrainian army brigades laying siege to Donbass: an estimated 150,000 troops. If they attack, the provocation to Russia will almost certainly mean war.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Exactly.

ALB
    Keymaster

I am getting confused. What is a “false flag op”? Johnson has said that the shelling of an empty Ukrainian primary school was a “false flag operation designed to discredit the Ukrainians”. But if it was carried out by Russian proxies that wouldn’t be “false” but open.

Logically, if it was a false flag operation it would have to have been one by Ukrainian forces. Russia has alleged this and it does seem odd that the school was empty at the time. Presumably, if they did, the Ukrainian forces would have too squeamish to kill their own school kids.

There is another explanation — that Johnson does not know what a false flag operation is. Or maybe I don’t?

ALB
    Keymaster

I am getting confused. What is a “false flag op”? Johnson has said that the shelling of an empty Ukrainian primary school was a “false flag operation designed to discredit the Ukrainians”. But if it was carried out by Russian proxies that wouldn’t be “false” but open.

Logically, if it was a false flag operation it would have to have been one by Ukrainian forces. Russia has alleged this and it does seem odd that the school was empty at the time. Presumably, if they did, the Ukrainian forces would have too squeamish to kill their own school kids.

There is another explanation — that Johnson does not know what a false flag operation is. Or maybe I don’t?

PJShannon
    Keymaster

From naval warfare, I think, it meant sailing under a false flag to fool the enemy. So it would be something the Russians do while pretending to be Ukrainians, in order to create a pretext for hostilities. Bombing an empty school would fit the bill perfectly.

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

False flag ops are confusing.

They are still trying to definitively determine those responsible for the Syrian chemical gas attacks and it has been years.

ALB
    Keymaster

If the school had been in Russian controlled territory that argument would hold but wasn’t the school in Ukrainian controlled territory?

ALB
    Keymaster

Just read in my morning paper:

“There was confusion yesterday when Boris Johnson referred to an attack on a nursery as a false flag because the site was in Ukrainian controlled . . . Ukrainian sources questioned why they would hit their own territory.”

Of course our gallant allies in Ukraine would never dream of launching a false flag operation, would they?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Neither Ukraine nor Russia want a war, so neither would stage an incident. Only the CIA and NATO would do that.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 5,155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.