- Instead of standing on the sidelines criticising capitalism, you’re actually doing something about it.
- We don’t have leaders and you’re treated as an equal.
- Activity is entirely voluntary – nobody puts you under pressure to do anything you can’t or don’t want to do.
- It’s a great learning experience – the more you discover, the less baffling the world becomes.
- It can also be fun – we get together as often as we can to talk about ideas, meet other socialists, and relax in good company.
So what do you need to do? To make an application to join, just complete the following questionnaire. Please answer all the questions in your own words. Answers can be brief, but where you give a “yes” or “no” answer, a sentence or two of explanation should be added.
The reason we ask people to do this is in order to satisfy themselves and us that they are in agreement with our ideas. Only in this way does membership serve a useful purpose both for applicants and for the Party. Unlike other parties, we don’t accept people to membership automatically, accompanied by a direct debit subscription. In fact we don’t ask for a subscription at all, just any voluntary contributions you can afford once you are a member.
If you’re new to the Party and its case, before doing the questionnaire it would be a good idea to look through the Who we are section of the home page first.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the questionnaire before attempting or submitting it, please feel free to contact us here.
As required under the Data Protection Legislation we have a policy relating to how we handle your personal data, a copy of which is available on request from The General Secretary, The Socialist Party, 52 Clapham High Street, London SW4 7UN