Rochester and Strood by-election – 20th November, 2014

May 2024 Forums General discussion Rochester and Strood by-election – 20th November, 2014

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Darren redstar wrote:
    The lesson I personally take from this is that if I am ever in the Medway, to check out the castle at Rochester.

Whilst you're there you may as well check out the Norman cathedral (from a historical and architectural perspective) as well.  It has a nice tea room and gardens. 

Quote:
    The Gardens – one of Rochester’s best-kept secrets with its majestic Magnolia Grandiflora and view across what was originally the monastic herb garden.  In this area visitors can now see the newly restored section of the Roman Wall, dating from c200AD, that once surrounded the Roman City of Durobrivae and was incorporated in the later buildings of the Monastery.  Although only yards from busy Rochester High Street, the peace and tranquility of the garden provides a sanctuary for wild birds, squirrels and foxes, and, weather permitting, visitors to the Tea Rooms.
    ALB
    Keymaster

I think he'd rather see the dungeons.

moderator1
    Participant

Reminder:  1. The general topic of each forum is given by the posted forum description. Do not start a thread in a forum unless it matches the given topic, and do not derail existing threads with off-topic posts.

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.