Russian Tensions

April 2024 Forums General discussion Russian Tensions

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 5,150 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thus we see the anti-war protests in Russia are marginal as always, and that war makes most workers more nationalistic. Most Russians will by now be displaying the Z.

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Despite the headlines, the small print is that it is a 9-month gradual phase-out of Russian energy imports. And the EU to gradually wean itself from Russian dependency.

Well, I know if I was Russian, what I would do…why wait, turn off the gas tap right now and sell whatever oil at discount to China

I wonder how long before the environmentalists add their voice of support that it is a nail in the coffin of fossil fuels.

But more worrisome is the impending food crises across the world

Anonymous
    Inactive

A nail too far for Russian capitalism, which will be forced by it into war with the West.

London will be the first to be nuked.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ukraine will plead again to MPs here later for a no-fly zone and the British workers will be further pushed into demanding it and pushing their MPs to demand it.

People need to contemplate their children as smouldering cinders in a toxic wasteland.

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

People need to contemplate their children as starving to death in a food shortage wasteland, AC.

THAT reality is not being expressed by the media.

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Zelensky is being declared a living saint by the media. Churchillian is a favoured adjective.

They ignore Zelenskyy’s hyperbolic claims of Ukrainian successes, his determination to sacrifice civilians in the war, and they ignore his efforts to widen the war into a European one.

He will be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    ALB
    Keymaster

Looking for something else I came across a revealing mistake. It is in this article. Scroll down and you will see a photo of a “badly damaged residential building” after a shelling attack. The idea was presumably to show the result of Russian forces targetting a residential area. They are indeed shelling such areas (and how), whether intentionally or as “collateral damage”. But look at the address: Mironova Street in Donetsk. But that means it is in one of the breakaway republics. So the residential area would have been shelled by Ukrainian forces. Maybe even with weapons supplied by NATO.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not necessarily. It could be in the Donetsk Ukrainian region.

Ozymandias
    Participant

Yer arse in parsley you. Are you a 7th Day Adventist? Do you seriously think our masters are going to allow their earthly playground to be burnt to a cinder? Ffs calm doon man.

Anonymous
    Inactive

https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/doomsday-luxury-bunkers/index.html

They’ve certainly not held back with their underground de luxe bunkers, complete with artificial sunshine, golf courses, restaurants and parks, all for the richest 1%.
    Why pay to construct these bizarre underground worlds if not to use them one day?

ALB
    Keymaster

Mironova Street is in the city of Donetsk itself.. Also the the photo is from TASS, the Russian news agency.

robbo203
    Participant

Do you seriously think our masters are going to allow their earthly playground to be burnt to a cinder? Ffs calm doon man.

I think it is unlikely that they will but one is making an assumption here that they are thinking about this things rationally. If Putin had his back to the wall and facing a humiliating defeat and the possibility of being deposed we cant be 100% sure how he and his regime will react when the red mist descends and people’s judgement gets clouded. There is nothing particularly rational about war anyway even if military strategy requires rational thinking

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

How I feel sorry for the Russian oligarchs.

Ferrari and Lamborghini announced they will not sell their cars to them.

Rolex joined Gucci in withdrawing their “must-have” finery.

Oh, damn this war…

Meanwhile, as it was for Venezuela, Iran may benefit in their embargo being relaxed so to get more oil on to the international market

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 5,150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.