Is this Forum moribund?

April 2024 Forums Off topic Is this Forum moribund?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Bijou Drains
    Participant

Going back to the original topic, judging by the activity on here and the interesting debates about a range of topics, clearly not. I think the forum is beginning to get back to being a bit more like it was before it was hacked. It’s certainly more active and more interesting than many of the forums of the “left”

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Libcom forum is struggling. The more active threads are usually what you reading, what you listening to and what you watching.

It was an invaluable resource website but has suffered now with problems with its search facility.

Bijou Drains
    Participant

Jesus Alan, you do your best to find the negative in any situation. Someone posts something bright and cheery and you shoot it down with your arrows of despair and hopelessness, sitting there on your bucket, with your black dungarees on complaining “I nivver get ony fun roond here!”

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Well, Bijou, you do insist upon referring to a mythical “golden age” of the forum.

It was never ever popular with many members. I think I lost count of the number of times DaveC reminded me that committee members would not know of any ideas and suggestions posted because they did not visit it.

And as for visitor numbers and exchanges with non-members they were never ever impressive. Our only regular was …you know who…LBird

Bijou Drains
    Participant

Alan

I have happily gone along to Sid James’s Park since 1970, and a week on Sunday I will attend again fully expecting that our new man Steve Bruce (aka Mrs Doubtfire) will bring silverware galore to the shores of the Tyne.

This Saturday I will watch the Gaelic Football full of confidence that the glorious Mayo team will crush Donegal in the All Ireland Championship and go on to win the Sam Maguire, overcoming the “curse of ’51.

Following every local and national election that the SPGB stand in I wait anxiously for the results, ever hoping that the long awaited electoral breakthrough will come.

I’m a supporter of Newcastle United, Mayo GAA and the SPGB. I have to be optimistic, the alternative is bloody suicide! 🙁

robbo203
    Participant

Going back to the original topic, judging by the activity on here and the interesting debates about a range of topics, clearly not. I think the forum is beginning to get back to being a bit more like it was before it was hacked. It’s certainly more active and more interesting than many of the forums of the “left”

Absolutely and as I write I note that there have  1397 visits to this site in the last 24 hours.  That’s not bad.   We just need to more forcefully  promote the SPGB website and forum on other sites like FB sites.  A little bit of effort can yield a surprising big return (if you will excuse the capitalist metaphor)

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.