Chomsky on Newsnight

May 2024 Forums General discussion Chomsky on Newsnight

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

The BBC get one of the most influential thinkers onto the programme and all it deserved is a rushed 5 minute interview and an introductory childish poxy vox pop to ensure the seriousness of his contribution is diminished. 

Why? Because unlike Russel Brand Chomsky is erudite and coherent and doesn't mix buffoonery with his politics so go through the motions and make sure he isn't given sufficient time or fed the questions for him to expand on his ideas.

How i have come to detest the BBC…glad i don't pay the tv tax for its upkeep and  output.

jondwhite
    Participant

Probably a lesson for our speakers in how to best communicate our message in the space of 5 minutes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did Chomsky suggest a democratic peaceful revolution as Brand did when on the BBC?

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

"i don't tell them what to think…i tell them what i think..i encourage them to develop their own ideas…"  When i'm 85 as he is i hope i still am as clear minded and still as determined as Noam to work for society's change. I won't be around for when Brand is 85 so i have no idea as if he will be as a persistent supporter of revolution as Chomsky. 

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

But video of Chomsky on revolutionhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL5ZDlx39Rs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.