The Israeli Lobby

April 2024 Forums General discussion The Israeli Lobby

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Is it anti-semitic to claim that Israel interferes in UK domestic politics?

‘Simon… didn’t I tell you? The CFI [Conservative Friends of Israel] and the Israelis think they control the Foreign Office. And they do!’”, Sir Alan Duncan, British foreign minister from 2016-19, in his new book, ‘In The Thick Of It’.

‘He said this included Shai Masot, a diplomat from the Israeli embassy “calling for them to destroy the ‘Deputy Foreign Minister’ (i.e. me), so that he never becomes Foreign Secretary.” Duncan added: “They say that if [then foreign secretary] Boris [Johnson] were to be sacked, I’d take over and so both such moments have to be stopped.”

Mark Regev, then Israel’s ambassador to Britain, according to Duncan, Regev told him Masot is a “local hire, works in a junior capacity and does not have diplomatic status.”

“It’s all total bollocks,” Duncan wrote. “Masot is a First or Second Secretary, a member of military intelligence, employed specifically as a parliamentary and undercover propagandist.” He continued: “What on earth is the point of Regev stating something that is so blatantly untrue, and about which we both hold the facts? What a muppet.”

Duncan talked with Emily Thornberry, then shadow foreign secretary, to see if Labour intended to table an urgent question in parliament on the matter.
    “They won’t because it would risk stirring up more anti-Semitism accusations against them,” Duncan reported, referring to the long-running “anti-Semitism crisis” that rocked the Labour Party under the leadership of Jeremy Corbyn.

The LFI faced no action from Labour in the aftermath of the Al Jazeera program.

https://consortiumnews.com/2021/06/04/former-british-minister-israelis-think-they-control-the-foreign-office-and-they-do/

JamesMoir
    Participant

Is it anti-Semitic to call Netanyahoo a terrorist? His actions would seem to suggest so. But then, what do I know?

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster
    alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Nancy Pelosi has an answer for you, James…false equivalency

“Drawing false equivalencies between democracies like the US and Israel and groups that engage in terrorism like Hamas and the Taliban foments prejudice and undermines progress toward a future of peace and security for all.”

Jewish House Democrats issued their own criticism.

“Equating the United States and Israel to Hamas and the Taliban is as offensive as it is misguided,” they wrote in a statement. “Ignoring the differences between democracies governed by the rule of law and contemptible organisations that engage in terrorism at best discredits one’s intended argument and at worst reflects deep-seated prejudice. The United States and Israel are imperfect and, like all democracies, at times deserving of critique, but false equivalencies give cover to terrorist groups. We urge Congresswoman Omar to clarify her words.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/10/ilhan-omar-democrats-harassment-silencing-israel-hamas-taliban

It reminded me of this cartoon

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Eu6smF_wB3Y/YMKcUzVLx1I/AAAAAAAAyYI/fZUTMFr8v1o_X5bY1K425JyPRd_eaKrdwCNcBGAsYHQ/w363-h400/good-bad-bombing.jpg

JamesMoir
    Participant

What is MILITARISM? other than State organized Terrorism. I’m sure that the Victims of either do not draw the official distinction. A bomb is a bomb wherever it comes from.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by JamesMoir.
    PartisanZ
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Similar to the old controversy of establishing differences between the Soviet Union and the others capitalists blocks, there were not any ideological different among all of them, or difference between the leftist guerrillas and the right wings guerrillas

Anonymous
    Inactive

New Israeli Government, Same Israeli Apartheid 

New Israeli government, same Israeli apartheid

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

An article on the Israeli lobby among academics

Zionist Academics Take The Side Of State Power

Middle East Studies Association (MESA) V. Association for the Study of the Middle East and Africa (ASMEA)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.