Russian Tensions

April 2024 Forums General discussion Russian Tensions

Viewing 15 posts - 4,471 through 4,485 (of 5,150 total)
  • Author
    alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

And don’t you think Zelensky is not trying to speed up the delivery of new military hardware by presenting a pessimistic view?

The analysis of others which you fail to present is that Russia has not got the reserves or supplies available to take advantage with a follow-up offensive.

One big reason why they are not by-passing a besieged surrounded town and going for the bigger targets just waiting for them, practically defenceless as you earlier claimed.

In many ways he is perhaps using the same ploy as Prigozhin is scaremongering to get more support. A few days ago Prigozhin was saying Wagner is

“the cement…holding the Ukrainian army in place…If the Wagner group pulls back, then the following situation will unfold. It is clear that the front will crumble, the front will crumble for the Russian borders, perhaps it crumbles even further.”

This is entirely contrary to your argument that Russian regular forces are in sufficient numbers to not only repel a Ukrainian offensive but to make advances against it.

But I think both Zelensky and Prigozhin were playing politics rather than offering realistic military scenarios.

TrueScotsman
    Blocked

“You have repeatedly expressed the view that the only good Ukrainian is a dead Ukrainian turned to fertilizer because they are all Banderite fascist nazis.”

BS. I’ve never said anything of the sort. Quote me doing so.

“Robbo challenges that opinion”

I ignore Knobbo. Children are to be seen not heard.

“falsely declaring the enemy as a threat is an old tried and tested way of brainwashing.”

And declaring Hitler to be a threat was also false? Listen to yourself.

“The further one goes down into the poorer sections the more opposition there is…”

So what? Does that make Nazi Germany any less of a threat? The only one here incapable of nuance is you.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by TrueScotsman.
    ALB
    Keymaster

At the time they said it was Russia. Now they are revealing that the sabotage of the Nord Stream pipeline was organised by some Ukrainian oligarch. I wonder why they are revealing it now.

robbo203
    Participant

“At the time they said it was Russia. Now they are revealing that the sabotage of the Nord Stream pipeline was organised by some Ukrainian oligarch. I wonder why they are revealing it now.”

On this subject…

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/nord-stream-ii-attack-would-be-the-biggest-blunder-of-the-zelensky-regime/ar-AA18mAPQ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=def2725854d0480bb5418c8a72d7fbda&ei=17

robbo203
    Participant

“I ignore Knobbo…”
    ……………………

And one can well understand why TS. Your pathetic and infantile mode of arguing mimics the playground behavior of a school kid who runs around making taunting insults to anyone he takes a dislike to and never hanging around to hear the response.

I have persistently pressed you to justify your claim that Ukraine is a “Nazi regime” with facts and figures but you have repeatedly declined to do so. It’s like you are running scared of any serious debate. There are Nazis on both sides of this conflict but that does not make either of these obnoxious authoritarian regimes, “Nazi”.

And your blanket description of all Ukrainians as Nazis is precisely the kind of dumb generalisation you would expect a fascist in all but name like yourself to make. Dehumanize your fellow workers, all the better to turn them into “fertilizer” (your favourite word)

You’re one sad and sorry excuse for a human being, aren’t you TS? – sitting there in the comfort of your armchair playing silly war games with other peoples` lives….

At the time they said it was Russia. Now they are revealing that the sabotage of the Nord Stream pipeline was organised by some Ukrainian oligarch. I wonder why they are revealing it now.

I suppose because the Hersh story was landing and people were believing it was the US (who, I suppose, are a pro-Ukraine group). At the least, it creates chaff.

Bijou Drains
    Participant

True Nazi “ And declaring Hitler to be a threat was also false? Listen to yourself”

I thought you supported Hitler’s occupation of the Sudetenland?

Make your mind up

ALB
    Keymaster

The “West” seems to be trying to overthrow the government in Georgia and install a pro-Western one just like they did in Ukraine in 2014. If they succeed in doing that expect Belarus to be next on their agenda.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64882475.amp

TrueScotsman
    Blocked

“If they succeed in doing that expect Belarus to be next on their agenda.”

They already tried in Belarus. It was an abject failure. Zero chance of it succeeding there.

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

USA protecting its own back.

According to The New York Times, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin III and other Pentagon officials are blocking Biden from sharing evidence of Russian war crimes in Ukraine gathered by U.S. intelligence agencies with the International Criminal Court (ICC).

They fear it could set a precedent allowing the tribunal to prosecute U.S. war crimes.

Not only is the U.S. Congress barred from providing other assistance to the court, but the U.S. may use “all means necessary and appropriate”—including invading NATO ally the Netherlands—to secure the release of any U.S. or allied personnel held by or on behalf of the tribunal.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/united-states-and-the-icc

TrueScotsman
    Blocked

“According to The New York Times, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin III and other Pentagon officials are blocking Biden from sharing evidence of Russian war crimes in Ukraine gathered by U.S. intelligence agencies with the International Criminal Court (ICC).”

BS. If the US had evidence it would trumpet it from the rooftops.

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Once again TS is incapable of understanding anything other than black-and-white arguments.

This is an internal government department dispute in providing official support for the ICC which it does not recognise for fear it would create a legal precedent.

TS- ‘If the US had evidence it would trumpet it from the rooftops.’

TS has been deaf to the repeated US statements accusing Russia of war crimes. They have made these claims loud and clear – with evidence that TS refuses to accept such as telephone intercepts.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/ap-ukraine-mother-kyiv-one-b2287919.html

TS prefers to believe the Russian account.

TrueScotsman
    Blocked

“TS prefers to believe the Russian account.”

Yeah, Iraq had WMDs and ripped babies out of incubators, don’t you know?! Lol

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

You are conflating two different Iraq wars but no doubt you will say it was intentional.

The incubator lie was during the 1990 Kuwait War.
    Also in 1990 Iraq indeed possessed Scud missiles, over 40 were launched against Israel and also Iraq still possessed the chemical weapons it had used against Iran and the Kurds.

The USA also falsely claimed that Iraqi tanks were gathering at the Saudi Arabian border for an imminent invasion. No such military build-up ever happened.

It was the 2003 invasion which had the pretext that Iraq still possessed WMDs, and Saddam Hussein’s son-in-law, Hussein Kamel, truthfully revealed it had none when he defected to Jordan prior to the invasion.

There are more recent examples of media complicity in spreading propaganda lies such as 2011 Libya. The West claimed the Gaddafi regime has ordered mass rapes, used foreign mercenaries and employed helicopters against civilian protesters.

I am well versed in atrocity propaganda and it is why I can differentiate between fake staged events and genuine massacres. Something you aren’t capable of.

ALB
    Keymaster

RT are running this news item. Reproducing it in full for those subject to censorship. Presumably it is true in the sense that he said and, hopefully also, in the sense that there are a growing number of people in Ukraine who want to stop the war.

Kiev security chief names ‘dangerous tendency’ among Ukrainians

More citizens want their government to sit down at the negotiating table with Moscow, Aleksey Danilov has admitted.

A growing number of Ukrainians would like to see Kiev launch peace talks with Moscow, the head of the National Security and Defense Council, Aleksey Danilov, admitted on Thursday. The top security official claimed the development was a “very dangerous tendency.”

“[One should] bear in mind that those [people advocating talks with Russia] are growing in numbers. It is a very dangerous tendency when even people in western Ukraine are starting to talk about such things,” Danilov said during a live appearance on the Ukrainian talk show ‘Greater Lviv speaks’, as cited by RIA Novosti. He also referred to a local politician in the western Lviv region who reportedly called on Kiev to sit down at the negotiating table with Moscow.

https://www.rt.com/russia/572725-security-chief-dangerous-tendency-ukraine/

Viewing 15 posts - 4,471 through 4,485 (of 5,150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.