Russian Tensions

April 2024 Forums General discussion Russian Tensions

Viewing 15 posts - 4,411 through 4,425 (of 5,150 total)
  • Author
    Bijou Drains
    Participant

True Nazi – “ You understand nothing in a profound way”

I know one thing, you fully support the views of Adolf Hitler!
    😂😂😂

Have you got yourself one of those nice little armbands to go with your lovely brown shirt!!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Bijou Drains.
    TrueScotsman
    Blocked

Me on Bojo’s Brain…

ZZZzzzZZZzzz

Bijou Drains
    Participant

So seriously, True Nazi, we have you on record supporting Hitler’s views on the Sudeten German question, do you still support the speech you praised so enthusiastically?

Bijou Drains
    Participant

True Nazi – “I think this is all about daddy issues for you lot. You got spanked too much as a child and now rebel against all authority”

I think you have quite beautifully demonstrated one of the problems with relying on leaders, without any thought.

Followers like you are happy to follow what their leaders (or follow Hitler if you think it’s your leader) say blindly.

ALB
    Keymaster

Bijou, another parallel would be Ireland a hundred or so years ago when a substantial proportion of the population in the North considered themselves British rather than Irish and didn’t want to be included in an Irish state.

The outcome was Partition, which is probably the only realistic outcome of the present conflict in the Ukraine. Which, having failed to re-install a pro-Russia government in Kiev, is what the Russian rulers seem to be prepared to settle for.

The Ukrainian rulers would just have to put up with it, though no doubt there will plenty of revanchists who will want to re-incorporate the “Five Oblasts”.

Bijou Drains
    Participant

ALB, for the sake of consistency I assume that our resident Hitlerite/Stalinist will be part of a campaign starting out a campaign to return the Polish borders to their pre WW2 state and will be raising questions about the estimated 3-4 million Poles who were ethnically cleansed by the Soviet state and forced west of the Curzon line.

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster
    TrueScotsman
    Blocked

Bakhmut is now encircled. All roads are cut. Thousands of Nazis trapped. Just like in Ypres. Lol

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

The merchants of death or as Bob Dylan called them, the masters of war reaping its harvest.

Weapons and defense contractors received nearly half – $400bn – of the $858bn in the USA’s 2023 defense budget.

“There’s high demand for weapons to transfer to Ukraine and to replenish shrinking US stockpiles … contractors are seeing billions of dollars in Ukraine-related contracts.” said Julia Gledhill, who investigates defense spending at the government watchdog the Project On Government Oversight.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/mar/01/ukraine-lobbyists-washington-defense-industry

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Colin Kahl, undersecretary of defence for policy, told members of the House of Representatives that Russian forces are unlikely to make significant territorial gains in the next year.

“You may see small portions of territory change hands in the coming weeks and months. I do not think that there’s anything I see that suggests the Russians can sweep across Ukraine and make significant territorial gains anytime in the next year or so.”

“It is difficult [to predict how long we will need to support Ukraine through the war] as we do not know the exact trajectory of the conflict. The conflict may end in six months, or it may end in two or three years,” the official said.

He described the war’s frontlines as a “grinding slog”.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/ukraine-news-live-putin-forces-050524778.html

chelmsford
    Participant

This war has to end on May 23 2024, the date I’ve drawn in the sweepstake.

Well, it looks like Bakhmut is about to fall, but Ukrainians avoided total encirclement and capture, and so they are able to withdraw in order.

Obviously, fog of war and propaganda prevails.

But it looks like rinse and repeat will be the next actions, as Russia moves on the next Ukrainian fortified position.

ALB
    Keymaster

Something has gone wrong with the Western censors. I can get RT again on my phone. I wonder how long this “freedom of the press” that is supposed to part of “Western values” will last.

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Can you access Sputnik and Tass?

ALB
    Keymaster

Yes but TASS doesn’t seem to be being censored. I have always had access to it. Just checked I can get Sputnik again too.

We know that they are putting out Russian propaganda and so need to be taken with a pinch of salt but they do provide leads to follow up. Like this one from Sputnik:

https://sputniknews.com/20230304/fk-this-guy-ex-bernie-supporters-slam-us-lawmaker-for-spouting-neocon-propaganda-about-russia-1108000183.html

But then the BBC, the Grauniad, etc are pumping out NATO propaganda and need a pinch of salt too.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,411 through 4,425 (of 5,150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.