Russian Tensions

April 2024 Forums General discussion Russian Tensions

Viewing 15 posts - 4,381 through 4,395 (of 5,150 total)
  • Author
    alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

TS – “Why do you consistently pass off as news NATOstani state media narratives while ignoring the evidence of a catastrophic Ukrainian defeat in the making?”

Simply because there is no convincing evidence of what you describe as a probable “catastrophic” Ukrainian defeat.

I have already stated my opinion that there can be the loss of the Donbass to a Russian offensive but it will not be a decisive victory as the war could continue.

Your own scenario also can imagine a war that spreads as far west as the Polish border. And I find it incredible that you believe that this advance can be done speedily when obviously the present eastern battlefront shows that gains are very slow and costly.

Russia could also be vulnerable to a Summer counter-offensive (as Kharkiv and Kherson has shown) and possibly be cut off from Mariupol, Melitopol and Crimea. The promised armour reinforcements will have eventually arrived and been deployed to the frontline combat battalions. Russia’s window of opportunity for making substantial progress is narrowing.

I do wonder if Russia can launch a new front from Belarus which may make your scenario of a wider war a bit more likely.

I believe that there is a strong chance that the war will enter 2024 and even go beyond into 2025.

I don’t underestimate humanity’s capacity to inflict so much suffering and pain upon one another in the name of imaginary “concepts” as motherland and fatherland.

TrueScotsman
    Blocked

“Simply because there is no convincing evidence of what you describe as a probable “catastrophic” Ukrainian defeat.”

There’s plenty. Closing your eyes to it doesn’t make it go away.

Bijou Drains
    Participant

Tinky Winky “Your “party” is too ineffectual to be an MI6 op.”

I thought for a very short while that maybe TW might have worked in some kind of Russian Bot factory, but on reflection I do not think even they would put his shite up as counterpropaganda.

That said if he is a bot, he’s stealing a bloody living, negative surplus value, so to speak.

Also if, despite the strong contrary evidence, it turns out that he is a bot, I would keep away from the windows of any high rise buildings if I was him. If the Russians find out what a piss poor job he is doing, he’s likely to go for a very short, vertical, flying lesson.

Oh and if our Party was a UK secret service set up, it would be MI5 (UK based intelligence services) not MI6 (overseas intelligence services), and to think TW is always so well informed about these kind of things.

Just another thing to add to the long list of things he doesn’t understand (Marxism, Leninism, idealism, materialism, geography, history, how to read a calendar, his arse from his elbow)

robbo203
    Participant

“What percentage of Germans were Nazis? And what does it even matter? If you’re fighting for a Nazi state you are as guilty as the criminals ordering you to battle.”
    __________________________________________________________________–

Ukraine no more claims to be a Nazi state than Russia does even though both sides have Nazis fighting for them and both claim the other side is Nazi. Given the remarkable similarity between these regimes if according to him Ukraine is a Nazi state then why is Russia also not a Nazi state in all but name?

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

In an earlier post, I speculated about Russia opening a second front from Belarus as a game-changer. Others appear to raise the possibility too.

“a south-western thrust from Belarus to sever the weapons supply routes that lead from Poland – that is a realistic option available for Russia.”

https://www.weeklyworker.co.uk/worker/1431/notes-on-the-war/

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster
    alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Is Russia threatening Poland?

Russia’s former president and now deputy chairman of Russia’s Security Council, Dmitry Medvedev, said that tough negotiations with Ukraine and the West would culminate in “some kind of agreement”. But he said that deal would lack “fundamental agreements on real borders” and not amount to an overarching European security pact, making it vital for Russia to extend its borders now.

“That is why it is so important to achieve all the goals of the special military operation. To push back the borders that threaten our country as far as possible, even if they are the borders of Poland.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russias-medvedev-floats-idea-pushing-102848023.html

TrueScotsman
    Blocked

“Is Russia threatening Poland?”

The whole of NATOstan is on notice not just Poland.

Bijou Drains
    Participant

But surely your “Marxist” heroes have stated that “sovereignty of all countries should be upheld”.

But what about Putin’s 2021 speech about Russians in the Ukraine.

“And I have further assured him that at the moment when Ukraine solves its problems, that means when the Ukrainians have come to terms with their other minorities, and that peaceably and not through oppression, then I have no further interest in the Ukrainian state.”

How can you square what China are saying whilst still supporting Putin?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Bijou Drains.
    TrueScotsman
    Blocked

“But surely your “Marxist” heroes have stated that “sovereignty of all countries should be upheld”.”

Ukraine has had no sovereignty since the US engineered a Nazi coup. It is a NATOStan puppet statelet.

Bijou Drains
    Participant

So you’re happy to support what Putin said in 2021, despite what the Chinese are saying right now! When the Chinese are clearly saying that sovereignty should be upheld?????

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Promising developments

Zelensky has said he wants to meet China’s Xi Jinping to discuss Beijing’s proposals for ending the war in Ukraine.

Russia hailed the Chinese peace proposals. “We share Beijing’s views,” the foreign ministry said.

It is Biden throwing cold water over the proposals

Biden told ABC News, “Putin’s applauding it, so how could it be any good? I’ve seen nothing in the plan that would indicate that there is something that would be beneficial to anyone other than Russia,”

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Has Putin fallen into an American trap?

More Evidence Emerges That US Wanted Russia to Invade

TrueScotsman
    Blocked

“So you’re happy to support what Putin said in 2021, despite what the Chinese are saying right now! When the Chinese are clearly saying that sovereignty should be upheld?????”

And what makes you think the Chinese don’t have a similar view on Ukraine’s lack of sovereignty?

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Has China recognised the annexations of Crimea or the Donbas.

The answer is no.

China has maintained its neutrality by abstaining from all UN votes.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,381 through 4,395 (of 5,150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.