Princess Latifa

April 2024 Forums General discussion Princess Latifa

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

At a personal level, the Dubai princess locked in the palace is an individual tragedy, echoing fairy tales from the past of princesses imprisoned in high towers awaiting a gallant knight to free them.

But the media attention is not on the real tragedy. Often ignored are the stories of the thousands of domestic workers from Asia and Africa who are prisoners of their employers and suffering daily abuses under the kafala migrant worker rules.

james19
    Participant

If this wasn’t dreadful enough, the princess has been locked up by her father. Yesterday, Princess Latifa urges UK police to reopen sister’s kidnap case. Princess Latifa claims this is the work of her father.
    I posted (football thread) about Manchester City’s Abu Dubai owner, Sheikh Mansour, a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family, who it’s claimed is using the club ‘sportswashing’ its Country’s tarnished image, say Amnesty International.

Princess Latifa, the captive daughter of Dubai’s ruler, has appealed to UK police to re-investigate the kidnap of her older sister from a Cambridge street more than 20 years ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-56188745

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by james19.
    PartisanZ
    Participant

But the media attention is not on the real tragedy. Often ignored are the stories of the thousands of domestic workers from Asia and Africa who are prisoners of their employers and suffering daily abuses under the kafala migrant worker rules.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-middle-east-56202987

ALB
    Keymaster

I was going to say, why should we be concerned about the fate of a princess?

Bijou Drains
    Participant

I don’t think we should be unconcerned, but we should be more concerned about the 1,000,000s of modern day slaves in the world (one organisation has estimated that there could be around 100,000 in the UK alone)and the billions of wage slaves!

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

The obsession with royalty on show yet again with the Harry and Meghan interview
    “Phewwww…the heat is off me” Prince Andrew is rumoured to have stated.

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

The Prince Harry-Meghan Markle revelations were boring, uninspiring, tedious, self-promoting celluloid slush.

https://dissidentvoice.org/2021/03/boring-revelations-and-fanciful-victimhood-the-harry-meghan-oprah-show/

james19
    Participant

Might be repeating myself, have said this before on another forum? Someone posting on the party Twitter page, went to great lengths to admonish us(not sure what happened to him, as he might have his account suspended?)
    Freudian slip by him to claim: “You want to be a tiny elite, to enslave and make people’s lives unbearably miserable.” You get the gist.
    Somewhat ironically, here is a royal head (a “tiny elite” you can’t make it up!) who abuses not only a member(s) of his family, but the people he rules. Using the country as a personal fiefdom.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.