love forum

April 2024 Forums Website / Technical love forum

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    J Surman
    Participant

Can you please explain why I frequently get 'replies to a blog' in my private email which are obviously spam, and often not my posts anyway, but the same comments don't appear on the actual blog? I can do nothing about them, except delete because there's no way I'm going to click on them or use their email address – but I don't understand how they come through to me.Also, I need to get out more – not sit in front of this screen!

PJShannon
    Keymaster
    J Surman wrote:
    Can you please explain why I frequently get 'replies to a blog' in my private email which are obviously spam, and often not my posts anyway, but the same comments don't appear on the actual blog? I can do nothing about them, except delete because there's no way I'm going to click on them or use their email address – but I don't understand how they come through to me.Also, I need to get out more – not sit in front of this screen!

I'm not privy to the workings of Blogspot but I guess either they or a co-maintainer of the blog is deleting them before you get a chance to view them online.

J Surman
    Participant
    admin wrote:
    [I'm not privy to the workings of Blogspot but I guess either they or a co-maintainer of the blog is deleting them before you get a chance to view them online.

OK, thanks. Next question – can't they be prevented from coming to my, or anyone else's, private email?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    J Surman wrote:
    admin wrote:
    I'm not privy to the workings of Blogspot but I guess either they or a co-maintainer of the blog is deleting them before you get a chance to view them online.

OK, thanks. Next question – can't they be prevented from coming to my, or anyone else's, private email?

You should be able to set up a filter so as to target specific offenders.  I see you have a Gmail address so all you have to do is click on the 'clogged wheel' icon at the top right side of the page and select 'settings'.  A new window will open and at the top of the page there are number of options displayed including 'filters'.  The rest should be straightforward.  Hope that helps…

J Surman
    Participant
    gnome wrote:
    You should be able to set up a filter so as to target specific offenders.  I see you have a Gmail address so all you have to do is click on the 'clogged wheel' icon at the top right side of the page and select 'settings'.  A new window will open and at the top of the page there are number of options displayed including 'filters'.  The rest should be straightforward.  Hope that helps…

Thanks – and sorry for the delay. Have done my best, we'll see what happens!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.