Karl Kautsky’s grandson

April 2024 Forums General discussion Karl Kautsky’s grandson

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DJP
    Participant

More or less by chance I recently came across a book written by Karl Kautsky’s grandson – John H. Kautsky – entitled “Marxism and Leninism: Different Ideologies”. Doing a search of the SPGB website doesn’t seem to return any results for it. Are others aware of this book? The chapter called “The Evolution of Leninism” is certainly worth reading.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I purchased that book thru Abebooks. I have not read it completely but the chapter on Leninism is pretty good. The grandson of Che Guevara also took a much better stand than his grandfather and his so called “uncle” Fidel . The concept of Marxism-Leninism is a creation of Joseph Stalin, I do not know if Lenin would have approved that hybrid, as well he did not want to be mummified, he wanted to be bury next to his mother

https://www.taylorfrancis.com/books/mono/10.4324/9781351309448/marxism-leninism-john-kautsky

DJP
    Participant

Incidentally, John H. Kautsky’s claim of the unorthodoxy of his arguments – that Marxism and Leninism are two different ideologies that use the same terminology, and that Leninist “Communism was not anti-capitalist and was not relevant to industrialised societies but to underdeveloped ones” – are perhaps not so unorthodox these days, at least within academia and within my limited interaction with it.

His other books about capitalist development and underdeveloped nations might be worth looking at too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.