Iraq and the oil again

April 2024 Forums General discussion Iraq and the oil again

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

One of the journalists i hold in high esteem, Robert Fisk, reminding us again what the Middle East is all about.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/iraq-crisis-wests-mandate-is-limited-by-national-borders–and-dont-dare-mention-oil-9660393.html

ALB
    Keymaster

Not one of his good articles. Too pro-islamist.

pgb
    Participant

Maybe I have been overawed by Robert Fisk's work.  I think he is far and away the best Middle East correspondent around.  So maybe I can't see what you see, for I can't find anything in the article posted that could be called "pro-Islamist".  What is it?

ALB
    Keymaster

I should have said that it wasn't anti-Islamist enough. With their religious cleansing in Iraq they are just as bad as Israel if not worse.

james19
    Participant

George Galloway has claimed the  Guardian (and its sister paper, the Observer , which supported the Iraq war) has blood on their hands (the Guardian has taken money?) on his Twitter account. Didn't Galloway  support Saddam?! Galloway was in a party that supported wars!  Has he suddenly found his principles, and denounced the Labour Party?  Cameron said: "we should give Syrian rebels arms".   BBC says,  ISIS leader, has $1bn! 

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Hollande having been previously gung ho for intervention in Syria, he is now vowing to send arms to the Kurds. I'm pretty sure we all know where this is heading…a Kosovo type recognition of Iraqi Kurdistan but probably known like  acedonia of the Former Yuogoslavia Republic was to discourage Greek Macedonian nationalism and in regard to Kurds to discourage Turkish Kurd's demands. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28770519Hollande is certainly competing with Blair for the title of war-monger prime-minister of the decade

Anonymous
    Inactive
    james19 wrote:
    George Galloway has claimed the  Guardian (and its sister paper, the Observer , which supported the Iraq war) has blood on their hands (the Guardian has taken money?) on his Twitter account. Didn't Galloway  support Saddam?! Galloway was in a party that supported wars!  Has he suddenly found his principles, and denounced the Labour Party?  Cameron said: "we should give Syrian rebels arms".   BBC says,  ISIS leader, has $1bn! 

Did they get that kind of money from a charitable organization, or from the western powers ?  With that amount of money they can buy a lot of weapons.  I wonder why they are saying that the leader of ISIS is a Mossed agent.Saddam was also supported by the Trotskyite because he was an anti-imperialist.We have a very good article which can be applied to all world situation, and the article that says that most dictators, terrorists, and political killers  ( I may call them Frank stein ) are, or were , friends and allied of the western powers, they use them,  and when  they do not need them,  they dispose them, overthrow them,  hang them, or kill them in  warThis is what we wrote several years ago: In the dangerous game of globo-politics, it has been proved time and time again that western capitalists will court any madman, so long as it furthers their interests. Adolf Hitler, Stalin, Papa Doc, Nicolae Ceausescu, Idi Amin and presently President Suharto of Indonesia, amongst countless others, have all found favour with the western capitalist elite. No doubt the future will throw up many more instances.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.