Godwin’s law and The SPGB Forum

April 2024 Forums Website / Technical Godwin’s law and The SPGB Forum

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bijou Drains
    Participant

It appears that this forum is one of the few places in cyberspace where Godwin's Law does not apply. Godwin's Law is:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazism or Hitler approaches, ​​that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism"

However a similar phenomenon, which I propse modestly to call Kilgallon's Law does exist on this forum. Kilgallon's Law would state;

"As an online discussion on this forum grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Bolshevism or Lenin approaches, ​​that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Lenin or Bolshevism"

ALB
    Keymaster

Your law was confirmed only a few weeks ago when someone likened the EC to a "central committee". Previously "Stalinist" and "North Korea" had been mentioned but also "fascist". Not yet had a manifestation of Kilwin's Law (or is it Godgallon's?) with "Red fascist" being used.But, seriously, haven't we enough threads on this stuff?

Bijou Drains
    Participant

I wasn't wishing to be provocative, Adam. Just thought Kilgallon's law might catch on and I would get that covetted wikipedia entry, (shuffles off enviously)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.