Coronavirus

May 2024 Forums General discussion Coronavirus

• This topic has 1,592 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,593 total)
  • Author
    alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Three nights of unrest in the Paris northern suburbs have stoked fears of a major flare-up in deprived neighbourhoods where weeks of lockdown have exacerbated the simmering tensions.

Strict confinement measures to halt the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, coupled with tough policing to enforce those rules, have mixed up an “explosive cocktail” in areas already blighted by poverty, unemployment and now a worsening health crisis.

“The spark has been lit,”

https://www.france24.com/en/20200421-violence-flares-in-tense-paris-suburbs-as-heavy-handed-lockdown-stirs-explosive-cocktail

Anonymous
    Inactive

Black cats are being boiled alive as “cure” for coronavirus.

SIGN: Stop Boiling Cats Alive for Phony Coronavirus “Remedy”

ALB
    Keymaster
    Bijou Drains
    Participant

Hmm……………….

naked women and lots of alcohol? It might be worth a try?

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Are we a land of socially responsible citizens or a nation of grasses?

Police say they have received 194,000 calls “snitching” on people alleged to have broken the coronavirus lockdown

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/30/uk-police-receive-200000-calls-from-lockdown-snitchers

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster
    alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

China’s counter to the Covid-19 accusations

Anonymous
    Inactive

They are looking for a Weapon of Mass Destruction ( WMD ) in China like they did with Iraq. They are experts in lying, distraction, and scapegoating, and they know how to manipulate the minds of the peoples

Bijou Drains
    Participant

Alan Johnson “Are we a land of socially responsible citizens or a nation of grasses?

Police say they have received 194,000 calls “snitching” on people alleged to have broken the coronavirus lockdown

I don’t think the reports will be about either snitching or social responsibility. I read a report years ago that reckoned that about 90% of reports to the Gestapo during WW2 were escalations of personal feuds and neighbours squabbles and that sorting out all of that made the Gestapo very inefficient.

I can to some extent understand this, cos I’ve got a right twat living over the road from me. He’s a trendy leftie, knit your own sandals, fuckwit with kids who are probably called Laura and Ashley. Pretends he’s so right on, but he’s never had a radical thought in his life. I so far have resisted the temptation to call the old Bill and give him a fright, but that temptation is great.

Anonymous
    Inactive

And I know it in my neighbourhood of over 50s and 60s suburbanites who think I “fit the profile” of a “pervert” because i’m single, 60 years old like them, don’t mix with their patriotic white British types, don’t watch football, but read books and have had a far better education.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No photo description available.

ALB
    Keymaster

What are we to make of these stats?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52507770

“People living in more deprived areas have experienced Covid-19 mortality rates more than double those living in less deprived areas,” said Nick Stripe of the ONS.

“General mortality rates are normally higher in more deprived areas, but so far Covid-19 appears to be taking them higher still.””

Does it mean that, if there had been no lockdown, even more people per head from “deprived” areas would have died ? Or that it is because of the lockdown that more people per head from these areas are dying, as this is where those least protected from its economic effect live? Or simply that mortality rates are “normally” higher in these areas?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive

“Perhaps it’s all simply too huge for our feeble monkey brains to comprehend.”

So, we have to abuse fellow animals even when pointing out human folly!

PartisanZ
    Participant

Where is the abuse in identifying with our simian relatives?

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,593 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.