America’s Diplomatic Dance

May 2024 Forums General discussion America’s Diplomatic Dance

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

I note since the ISIS/Sunni uprising in Iraq, the US has turned a blind eye to Assad's Syria bombing an Iraqi town which was occupied by the rebels and i believe is also asking for Iran's help in Iraq, permitting arms to be sent and according to WSJ allowing Iranian aircraft to do recces… although still Iran is technically classed as a terrorist state. 

It so confusing. ISIS in Syria is supported and financed by America through its allies Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

All sorts of scenarios are being presented by various commentators. One theory is it is simply all a plot to drag Iran deeper into a civil war as the US previously did with the Russians in Afghanistan. Another is it is the first step in the split up of Iraq and Syria with the creation of a fully independent Kurdistan (i doubt the Turks and Iranians will go along with that.) Who knows because i am sure there is Plan B Plan C etc etc on the table depending on situations that arise in the real world and not in politicians/journalists game of Diplomacy.

What we do know is the civilian casualties mount up, the numbers of political refugees climb (with safe haven in Europe barred) and ex-prime ministers wash their hands of the blood…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.