The SPGB and Twitter

April 2024 Forums General discussion The SPGB and Twitter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Comrades,

I am rejoining the party after a long absence and I have only just joined Twitter. I have noticed that the Party does not follow anyone on Twitter. You may have already discussed this and decided not to, but in my short experience, the more people and organisations you follow then the more followers you get. This will obviously mean a bigger audience for our ideas. 

jondwhite
    Participant

Good idea.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whom do you suggest? I think the only drawback is if the Party is seen to be giving ‘support’ by ‘following’ anyone, it could be argued that it by default devalues our own ideas….?

Anonymous
    Inactive

‘Following’ does not in any way indicate support from the follower. All three major parties follow me on twitter. If you follow Conservative Party they will follow you and you will see each other’s tweets. It is an excellent way for the party to progress. “the hand mill will give you a society with the feudal lord, the steam engine a society with the industrial capitalist” and Marx might have added “Digital technology and internet a society based on common ownership”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Fair enough, you can see I am on it all the time! ;-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.