The North Korean monarchy

April 2024 Forums General discussion The North Korean monarchy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    robbo203
    Participant

Yup, I know we should take with a pinch of salt anything published by the Daily Mail rag, but if even a fraction of what it says here is true this would surely make North Korea’s politics the closest approximation or incarnation in the modern world of the old absolutist principle of the “divine right of Kings” to rule over their subjects.

No fun, alcohol, or birthday parties during a week of mourning for a long-dead parasite-monarch and father to the current parasite-monarch, King Jung Un II? Sod that! One whole week of being miserable and alcohol-free? Ya gotta be kidding! I didn’t think the mourning was that long even when Betty popped her clogs recently but then, obviously, the concept of the monarchy is more strongly supported in North Korea than it is in Britain…

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/north-korea-bans-fun-alcohol-and-birthdays-during-week-long-mourning-for-kim-jong-il/ar-AA15u6n8?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=af777d606c17416b935f6a47da6a667b

Thomas_More
    Participant

They’ve been Maoist tyrants all along.
    I think Mao gave North Korea to Kim Il-sung as a region where he could play a Little Maolet, as there was no job for him available in China.

Thomas_More
    Participant

In the Korean War, captured North Koreans and Chinese soldiers often had themselves tattooed with anti-Mao and anti-Kim slogans, so the U.N. forces would be obliged to let them stay in the south and not be handed back.

robbo203
    Participant

There are deluded leftists who defend this brutal disgusting capitalist state. I just cannot fathom it all. This is a regime that ruthlessly exploits its working class so a pampered coterie of privileged parasites can live in luxury and yet has the effrontery to call itself the “Workers Party”

Came across this which might be of interest

What’s in it for the working man? Why North Koreans show up for low-wage jobs

The usual line of argument put forward in defence of the regime is that it is some kind of bulwark against American imperialism. This obsession with anti-imperialism fails to grasp that the roots of modern imperialism lie in capitalism. Imperialism as such is not the problem only the symptom of the problem. The problem is capitalism itself. This is what these deluded leftists seek to draw our attention away from in their support for the capitalist state of North Korea in the name of so-called anti-imperialism

Thomas_More
    Participant

They would soon eat their slogans if they were made to live there.

robbo203
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.