The Iron Heel!

April 2024 Forums Website / Technical The Iron Heel!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Howling Wilf
    Participant

Yesterday I sat down looking forward to enjoying my favourite website ( this one ) and what should appear on the screen but this – 'Sorry, 83.203.24.241 has been banned'. I thought to myself  'this is it – the crackdown. Tomorrow at dawn we will all be rounded up and taken to a camp – and I don't mean Butlins'.

The same thing happened earlier this morning so I am using a different server. I guess it's safe to say we can unpack our toothbrushes. Do your technical wallahs know anything about this?

moderator1
    Participant
    Howling Wilf wrote:
    Yesterday I sat down looking forward to enjoying my favourite website ( this one ) and what should appear on the screen but this – 'Sorry, 83.203.24.241 has been banned'. I thought to myself  'this is it – the crackdown. Tomorrow at dawn we will all be rounded up and taken to a camp – and I don't mean Butlins'.The same thing happened earlier this morning so I am using a different server. I guess it's safe to say we can unpack our toothbrushes. Do your technical wallahs know anything about this?

The user name 'Howling Wilf' has not been suspended.  Have you used another user name to access this site?  I have no idea what 83.203.24.241 relates too and would appreciate some clarity regarding this.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    moderator1 wrote:
    I have no idea what 83.203.24.241 relates too and would appreciate some clarity regarding this.

It appears to be the Internet Protocol address assigned to a device currently being used somewhere in France.

PJShannon
    Keymaster

Access to posting privileges from 82.203.24.241 will continue to be denied, for sock puppet activity from this location.

moderator1
    Participant
    Howling Wilf wrote:
    Yesterday I sat down looking forward to enjoying my favourite website ( this one ) and what should appear on the screen but this – 'Sorry, 83.203.24.241 has been banned'. I thought to myself  'this is it – the crackdown. Tomorrow at dawn we will all be rounded up and taken to a camp – and I don't mean Butlins'.The same thing happened earlier this morning so I am using a different server. I guess it's safe to say we can unpack our toothbrushes. Do your technical wallahs know anything about this?

This is a sock puppet account and is in breach of Rule 8. Do not register or operate more than one account without first obtaining permission from the moderators. Do not share your password with others or allow anyone else to use your account. Do not use your account to post messages on behalf of any suspended user, without prior permission from the moderators.This account has been placed on indefinite suspension.

PJShannon
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    The user name 'Howling Wilf' has not been suspended.  Have you used another user name to access this site?  I have no idea what 83.203.24.241 relates too and would appreciate some clarity regarding this.

Neither has this ip 83.203.24.241 been blocked. Some mistake on his part? We blocked 82.203.24.241.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.