Suggestion: Close the web forums

April 2024 Forums World Socialist Movement Suggestion: Close the web forums

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #131732
    Ike Pettigrew
    Participant
    alanjjohnstone wrote:
    I don't think the SPGB ever endorse laws against "thought-crimes", nor do we agree that the State can legislate prejudice,  discrimination, and bigotry out of existence.If we do close down the forum, it will be after a full debate and a conference/party poll decision. However, that is very different from the forum dying a natural death – something i previously alluded to in a past post.The socialist case has always had problems, Ike, and the main one is convincing our fellow-workers to reject the ideology that they have been indoctrinated into thinking as the only option for them to choose.You may consider our responses to be weak but i'm guessing by your continued presence, there is still something in them that you find of value, otherwise, i would think your conclusion would be that your contributions and exchanges when you engaged in debate would have been all a wasted effort.  

    Of course there is value in the socialist case – in fact, I would say the case is largely correct.However, when you come up against reality, rather than adjust and accept that people have certain attributes/characteristics that need to be accommodated for, you double-down and go into denial.I would argue that your position on immigration and diversity is leftist, rather than socialist.  But I have already explained at length why that is, including on a thread I started yesterday, in which I asked what I see as an important question: by supporting capitalism in destroying Wrestern culture, are you trying to accelerate capital's own apocalypse, or are you just well-intentioned but deeply misguided leftists posing as socialists?Now I must go back to work.

    #131733
    Ike Pettigrew
    Participant
    Vin wrote:
    Ike Pettigrew wrote:
     Apart from that, you also understand nothing about the law.

    Do you  have anything other than personal attacks?I gave references on the LawSo you claim there is no Law on racism? 

    Vin, you are a total hypocrite.  As somebody else, a party member as I understand it, has already pointed out: you are one of the worst offenders for disruption on this Forum.  You know you are. You have helped ruin this Forum, and now you sit on your high-horse, like Nero, pontificating to everybody else about trolls!  My God!  What a hypocrite you are!  It's plain as day that you are total hypocrite.  Ecverybody can see it, except you.That's what in psychology and psychiatry is called psychotic narcissism.  You are basically a textbook case: a mindless thug driven by a childish ego.  That's you in a nutshell, Vin.

    #131725
    moderator1
    Participant
    Ike Pettigrew wrote:
    Vin wrote:
    If you have anything personal to say to posters then send them a PM. See forum rules.

    That is completely hypocritical!You have no points to make, Vin.  As somebody has pointed out early on in this thread – DJP, I think – you are one of the worst offenders on this Forum for stirring up trouble.  You are a violent, egotistical, childish, immature and self-righteous thug.That is the truth about you.  

    This user is placed on an indefinite suspension: 7. You are free to express your views candidly and forcefully provided you remain civil. Do not use the forums to send abuse, threats, personal insults or attacks, or purposely inflammatory remarks (trolling). Do not respond to such messages.

    #131723
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    alanjjohnstone wrote:
    I don't think the SPGB ever endorse laws against "thought-crimes", nor do we agree that the State can legislate prejudice,  discrimination, and bigotry out of existence. 

    They are not 'thought-crimes', racism and sexism causes untold misery to thousands. There is no law against thinking obout killing  someone but there is one about carrying that thought out.Some have gone to prison or  have been sued because of the Law on Race so the SPGB needs to be careful in allowing it's platform to be used by such people.

    #131734
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Vin wrote:
    alanjjohnstone wrote:
    I don't think the SPGB ever endorse laws against "thought-crimes", nor do we agree that the State can legislate prejudice,  discrimination, and bigotry out of existence. 

    They are not 'thought-crimes', racism and sexism causes untold misery to thousands. There is no law against thinking obout killing  someone but there is one about carrying that thought out.Some have gone to prison or  have been sued because of the Law on Race so the SPGB needs to be careful in allowing it's platform to be used by such people.

    Sorry I must protest at this. Our position has always been to see off such views by constructive debate. The personal attacks are another matter of course and a job for the moderator. Similarly dealing wiht multiple threading.But combatting pernicious racism, nationalism, etc. is best done as Alan, Tim Robbo and others have been doing.

    #131735
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Matt wrote:
    Sorry I must protest at this. Our position has always been to see off such views by constructive debate. The personal attacks are another matter of course and a job for the moderator. Similarly dealing wiht multiple threading.But combatting pernicious racism, nationalism, etc. is best done as Alan, Tim Robbo and others have been doing.

    And that is my position.Sorry, I have not made myself clear. I am referring to the change in the law over the years and how it effects a public debate organised by the SPGB in which someone invited by the party incites racial hatred?

    #131736
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Well, I do apologise if I misunderstood then. I am going by the general thread here. It is difficult to follow. I am usually just dropping in and out.

    #131737
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    No problem Matt.  

    #131738
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    There are several peoples in this forum with several pseudonyms. 

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.