Party Forums Fiasco

July 2024 Forums World Socialist Movement Party Forums Fiasco

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #84754
    lindanesocialist
    Participant

    What is going on. Vin is banned from forums for criticising forum moderation and his socialist integrity is being attacked on spintcom. Can we have some equality here.  He is being tried by a gangaroo court unable to defend himself or even hear the evidence.against him.  I know he is annoying at times but he has workerked well with other comrades in the the party as secretary etc and does not deserve this treatment.

    #118866
    lindanesocialist
    Participant

    By the way, this guy who can/t work harmoniously with others has played in the same rock band with the same people for 20 years. Where is the evidence to the contrary?  

    #118867
    Bijou Drains
    Participant

    Hi Linda can you post me a link to the site YFS Tim

    #118868
    lindanesocialist
    Participant
    Tim Kilgallon wrote:
    Hi Linda can you post me a link to the site YFS Tim

    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/spintcom/info

    #118869
    lindanesocialist
    Participant

    It seems that attacks on cde Colborne and Maratty are allowed but responses are 'incendiary'. Can we have some balance here and allow vin to defend himself?

    #118870
    Bijou Drains
    Participant

    Hi LindaThat link only takes me to a BT site?

    #118871
    lindanesocialist
    Participant
    Tim Kilgallon wrote:
    Hi LindaThat link only takes me to a BT site?

    Don't know why but you do know where the spintcom site is? If not you should join it it and find out what democracy realy is.https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/spintcom/info or google it. Hope workers dont :( An embarassment to our movement as is this forum

    #118872
    lindanesocialist
    Participant

    While I am on the subject. How long do you intend to ban Comrade Vin Maratty from all party forums without giving clear evidence of why you are doing it and by clear evidence I do not mean assertions and accusations ??Is evidence not required any more in the party? Or are just mumbles and lies sufficient?Socialists still require evidence?Or is it 'disruptive' to question?  

    #118873
    lindanesocialist
    Participant

    May I congratuate the cowards on spintcom for having a pop at Vin when he cant defend himself because the same cowards have him banned from forums. What is wrong, can these members not stand up to logic? And instead hide behind it by referring to it as 'abuse'. Present your evidence or leave him to get on with his work.

    #118874
    moderator1
    Participant
    lindanesocialist wrote:
    While I am on the subject. How long do you intend to ban Comrade Vin Maratty from all party forums without giving clear evidence of why you are doing it and by clear evidence I do not mean assertions and accusations ??Is evidence not required any more in the party? Or are just mumbles and lies sufficient?Socialists still require evidence?Or is it 'disruptive' to question?  

    The evidence is available on all party forums to anyone who wants to read it and decide for themselves whether cde Vince Maraty breached the guidelines and rules.  The length of the indefinite suspension will depend on how long the EC takes to reach a decision based on the IC report now in front of them.  The EC has yet have not received any correspondence from cde Maratty on this matter.  The EC have defered this matter to the May meeting and if cde Maratty has not put his side of the case by then they may well request that he does so.  Which in effect means the indefinite suspension will still stand till at least the EC June meeting.May I point out cde Maratty has not made any appeal to the EC which presumes he's abiding by the decision reached by the IC.

    #118876
    lindanesocialist
    Participant
    moderator1 wrote:
    The evidence is available on all party forums to anyone who wants to read it

    It certainly is, which is why I am surprised the IC wishes to take the matter to the EC. No socialism without free speech

    #118875
    lindanesocialist
    Participant

    duplicate 

    #118877
    moderator1
    Participant
    lindanesocialist wrote:
    moderator1 wrote:
    The evidence is available on all party forums to anyone who wants to read it

    It certainly is, which is why I am surprised the IC wishes to take the matter to the EC. No socialism without free speech

    The reason why this matter is in front of the EC is because we have to inform the EC, and provide the reasons why, we have turned down the appeal to an indefinite suspension.

    #118878
    lindanesocialist
    Participant
    moderator1 wrote:
    The reason why this matter is in front of the EC is because we have to inform the EC, and provide the reasons why, we have turned down the appeal to an indefinite suspension.

    There hasn't been an appeal. 

    #118880
    lindanesocialist
    Participant

     

    moderator1 wrote:
    The reason why this matter is in front of the EC is because we have to inform the EC, and provide the reasons why, we have turned down the appeal to an indefinite suspension.

    There hasn't been an appeal.    And your off topic. Dont forget to tell that to the EC

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.