Eminem, Ice Cube and Korn join Anonymous

March 2024 Forums Off topic Eminem, Ice Cube and Korn join Anonymous

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ed
    Participant

Thought this was interesting

"Most would think that the only way these names would be seen together would be if they were on a music festival flier, but today Eminem, Ice Cube, and Korn just released a music video calling for a #waveofaction in cooperation with political activist group Anonymous last Sunday, February 15th. It seems the consciousness of political corruption has permeated every part of modern culture, even the cultural classics of the 1990′s.

According to the youtube description of the video this song was made as a non-profit project that is meant to be educational and beneficial to the community protected by the 1st Amendment as well as Anonymous. The reason they made this song was to spread awareness for a globalized call for change on 4.4.14. They want people to get motivated to make real change politically by celebrating at previous occupy locations throughout the world. Go to the website here to find out more about the movement.

The song itself was sectioned by each artist, whose section reflected their own musical style. Korn connected the entire bi-polar piece with an electronic influenced sound that is derivative politically and musically of their last album Path of Totality.

“On my birthday buy me a politician. It’s a shame that you gotta teach your children, (chorus) everything’s corrupt, everything’s fucked up everything’s about fucking shit out of luck” – Ice Cube, “Omnipotent”#waveofaction

While the lyrics were incredibly politically charged the video was also an activist creation in itself. There were videos that were displayed on control room style screens, including images from Kanye West, Miley Cyrus, and Justin Bieber music videos. They go from that to politicians smiling on television to police beating and macing people. The NSA was a constant motif throughout the entire video as well. It’s not for the faint of heart, but cultural moments like these stir reaction and hopefully this gets a reaction for positive change.

“I know the way to get them motivated. I make elevating music, you make elevator music.” – Eminem, “Omnipotent” #waveofaction"

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Very rousing…perhaps we should just re-title it and steal it

Anonymous
    Inactive

There's a whole raft of angry, rebellious music out there right now, Alan.  And it's all rap/hip-hop.  The only valid musical form for the twenty-first century as far as I'm concerned. And this is why we need a hip-hop beat to the EuroErection video.  As a funny aside, whilst running my kitchen last evening I had occasion to tell my team – all of whom are not yet twenty – that I wasn't interested in any music but hip-hop.  Why do kids look at me funny when I say that kind of thing?  My sous chef said "That's not the kind of thing that 50 year-olds say!"

Anonymous
    Inactive
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.