Commissar Crowe finds more appropriate pulpit for millenarian beliefs

April 2024 Forums Off topic Commissar Crowe finds more appropriate pulpit for millenarian beliefs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    stuartw2112
    Participant
    ALB
    Keymaster

It seems that ex-comrade Crowe has risen up the hierarchy and is now a canon. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up a bishop. We’ve had ex-members who’ve become MPs, Tory councillors, trade union leaders, ministers and members of the House of Lords but this would be a novelty. Could be a first for the anarchists too.Pity nobody has a photo of him throwing the bible into a dustbin which was one of things he used to do when speaking for us at Hyde Park in the 1990s.Maybe he’ll have a reconversion and do what Bishop William Montgomery Brown did and publish a book with the subtitle “Banish Gods from Skies and Capitalists from Earth”.

stuartw2112
    Participant

When we first heard Toby had converted we said he’d be Archbishop one day — wouldn’t surprise me in the least! Funny conversation from that time:”You’ll never guess what I’ve done. Worst thing you can think of.””Worst thing? No!””Yes.””You’ve joined the SWP?””Worse.””Worse? Christian?””Yep.”

imposs1904
    Participant

“I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up a bishop.” I knew there was a method to my madness when I lent him my copy of Tariq Ali’s Redemption.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.