Big capitalists anticipating nuclear apocalypse

May 2024 Forums General discussion Big capitalists anticipating nuclear apocalypse

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    chelmsford
    Participant

I can’t see Mr Biden attacking Iran. After all he is an old man who has never had any military training as far as I know, and therefore would be no match for the Iranian army. Besides a man of his age would look ridiculous tripping about like the sugar-plum fairy in military fatigues.
    I fancy his chances against Russia tho’.

Thomas_More
    Participant
    ALB
    Keymaster

Some big capitalists are so unconcerned about a world nuclear war that they are buying “trophy homes” in prime locations in big cities like London (which are surely likely to be annihilated in any nuclear war) rather than having bunkers built for them.

https://www.savills.co.uk/insight-and-opinion/savills-news/351143-0/cash-buyers-secure-trophy-homes-in-prime-central-london

chelmsford
    Participant

And what about all the Russian capitalists who own expensive properties in London? They wont want them knocked about by Russian atom bombs. Blistered paintwork, the odd cracked window pane and what have you. Would be a bit of an own goal there.
    So if nothing else Greater London ought to be all right. Well, the swankier parts.

ALB
    Keymaster

https://tass.com/politics/1742961

Scary headline but if you read what he is saying it is that, if ever there would be a war between NATO and Russia, there is no prospect of this being a war with conventional weapons and so all the talk in Europe about needing to build up conventional forces there to meet a supposed threat of a Russian invasion is meaningless as this would be pointless.

I don’t think his explanation of why European politicians and militarists are talking up the possibility of a Russian invasion holds up. It is probably more to do with the military-industrial complex lobbying for more business for the merchants of death.

Thomas_More
    Participant
    chelmsford
    Participant

Certainly does speak for itself – there’s one born every minute.

Thomas_More
    Participant

Seems to be The Telegraph pushing all this war fear, more than the tabloids.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.