Another joke

April 2024 Forums Off topic Another joke

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

A long time SPGB member was on her deathbed when she'd announced that she'd become a Tory. Her branch was shocked, they were speechless! Finally, one of her ex-comrades asked: "After all these years and all we've been through, how could you become a Tory?"

"Well," said the class traitor and turncoat, "My time is up. So I says to myself, if anyone's going to die, let it be one of them Tory bastards."

jondwhite
    Participant

Didn't McDonagh claim Marx did this?

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Karl's last words were "Go on, get out – last words are for fools who haven't said enough."To his housekeeper, who urged him to tell her his last words so she could write them down for posterity.

jondwhite
    Participant

"The Tories have never been completely liberal. They are nearer to Marx than to liberalism in any case. I recall reading somewhere that Marx actually joined them in his old age, for social rather than ideological reasons, no doubt, but I think they influenced him more than Hegel did earlier anyway, if not quite as much as the Cobdenite paper, The Economist, did."http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/WSM_Forum/message/49369

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.