1000 years of war in 5 minutes

April 2024 Forums Off topic 1000 years of war in 5 minutes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ed
    Participant

This is a video marking 1000 years of every major battle which has taken place on a world map. It shows quite well how war has escalated since the formation of capitalism.

Anonymous
    Inactive

INteresting link Ed. I don’t subscribe to YouTube so cannot comment, but you might want to make the very point above that the wars increase dramtically ffrom the point of the industrial revolution as not only the basis of war switches to domination for markets but also the machinery of war becomes that much ‘better’ at what it does, i.e. kill people. Its also noticeable that in so called ‘backward’ countries where many people live lives based far more on co-operation, that there are far fewer notable fights.

Ed
    Participant

Well there’s two explanations as to why there are less wars shown elsewhere. The first is that they got all of their information from the English language version of Wikipedia which may be biased in not including many battles which are not well known in the western world. Or that they simply weren’t recorded.The second and the reason I find more plausible is that the battles elsewhere in the world did not result in as high casualties and were not prolonged wars. For example there have been some Americans on there asking where the American revolution and civil war are. They are on there but blink and you’ll miss them. As they weren’t particularly long wars with high casualty rates compared with the larger wars seen in Europe. As the size of the explosion indicates the amount of casualties suffered from the battles. You’re a smart man not signing up to youtube as google own it it links up all your information and search options. All very intrusive.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Big brother! I think they all do, the net is monitored far more than any government will admit….

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Ed wrote:
    This is a video marking 1000 years of every major battle which has taken place on a world map. It shows quite well how war has escalated since the formation of capitalism.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hsDn2kNriI

Thank you for sharing; I liked this video. Ludwik Kowalski

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Ed wrote:
    This is a video marking 1000 years of every major battle which has taken place on a world map. It shows quite well how war has escalated since the formation of capitalism.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hsDn2kNriI

P.S.Food for thought. Slower playing would be a desirable option.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.