Skip to Content

Socialist Party Video Launch

62 posts / 0 new
Last post
theneilkirk
theneilkirk's picture
Offline
Joined: 21/08/2017

Hi Vin.

I set up the Adwords campaign based on my understanding of the required parameters but admit that it is only a basic understanding. I have noted down all the entered values. If you have more experience with Adwords I'd be grateful for your help in tweaking the settings. I have no doubt that they can be optimised.


gnome
gnome's picture
Offline
Joined: 14/10/2011

theneilkirk wrote:

Hi Vin.

I set up the Adwords campaign based on my understanding of the required parameters but admit that it is only a basic understanding. I have noted down all the entered values. If you have more experience with Adwords I'd be grateful for your help in tweaking the settings. I have no doubt that they can be optimised.

Hi Neil,

I for one applaud your efforts and can confirm that the entire £250 allocated was spent resulting in a total of 298,848 impressions (number of times the ad has been displayed) resulting in a total of 5,367 views (watching for at least 30 seconds is counted as a view). As you say, no doubt we can learn from this experience and further optimise the settings in future campaigns.

Vin (not verified)

gnome wrote:

 

Hi Neil,

I for one applaud your efforts and can confirm that the entire £250 allocated was spent resulting in a total of 298,848 impressions (number of times the ad has been displayed) resulting in a total of 5,367 views (watching for at least 30 seconds is counted as a view). As you say, no doubt we can learn from this experience and further optimise the settings in future campaigns.

Ditto and thanks for the clarification

Vin (not verified)

theneilkirk wrote:

Hi Vin.

I set up the Adwords campaign based on my understanding of the required parameters but admit that it is only a basic understanding. I have noted down all the entered values. If you have more experience with Adwords I'd be grateful for your help in tweaking the settings. I have no doubt that they can be optimised.

Hi Neil

Nor am I an expert and I wasn't suggesting you were not doing your best. It may be that I have misunderstood and my estimations were way out   Keep up the good work.

I am certainly willing to assist you and will look at the parameters. 

 

theneilkirk
theneilkirk's picture
Offline
Joined: 21/08/2017

No offence was taken. It's an incremental learning process!


robbo203
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2011

Here is a good example of what I think is quite an effective video and something that perhaps needs to be emulated.  Some of the arguments are a bit iffy the presentation is good .  It held my attention

 

 https://www.facebook.com/bbcnewsnight/videos/10154807179391200/
Vin (not verified)

robbo203 wrote:

Here is a good example of what I think is quite an effective video and something that perhaps needs to be emulated.  Some of the arguments are a bit iffy the presentation is good .  It held my attention

https://www.facebook.com/bbcnewsnight/videos/10154807179391200/

 

Yes I have seen it before. Here is another good example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNVZ0ZPfE8s&t=76s

Perhaps part of SPGB Youtube account could have a Library linking to such videos.

 

 

patreilly
patreilly's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/04/2018

Are there any plans to resume the promotion of this video via adwords? Wasn't it supposed to resume in February? Has the EC recinded its decision to spend 1K on it as suggested by the 2017 Audio Visual Committee?

 

 

 

 

gnome
gnome's picture
Offline
Joined: 14/10/2011

patreilly wrote:

Are there any plans to resume the promotion of this video via adwords? Wasn't it supposed to resume in February? Has the EC recinded its decision to spend 1K on it as suggested by the 2017 Audio Visual Committee?

Relevant extract from the Executive Committee minutes:

December 2017 EC minutes wrote:
Cde Chesham reported that he had sanctioned a spend of only £250 on YouTube (rather than the £1,000 agreed), since Cde Kirk of the Internet Committee had expressed reservations about the project given what he considered to be unsuitable aspects of our website: ‘[it] is not well suited to converting a visitor into a positive socialist resource.’ Although traffic through our site is substantially higher than in the recent past, Cde Chesham recommended that further spending be delayed until the revamp is completed, hopefully within the next three months. A separate, comprehensive analysis by Cde Kirk accompanied Cde Chesham’s report, for which the EC expressed its thanks.
MOTION 3 (Tenner and Thomas): ‘That Cde Chesham’s proposal be endorsed and that further expenditure wait until website revision is completed in February.’ Carried 5-0-1.

The website revision has been unavoidably delayed but it's hoped the promotion of the whiteboard video will soon be resumed.

patreilly
patreilly's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/04/2018

Thanks for the update

Login or register to post comments