women

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    admice wrote:
    I read somewhere, unsure if reliable, but hope so, that 50% of women leave the Catholic church. I'm sure many others are 'member's' in name only. This is represented in my own experience meeting various women and relatives, tho I tend to join atheist/humanist groups so see a disproportionate amount. What religions are supposedly attracting diverse peoples? Last I read there was an uptick in religiosity in Europe attributed to immigration, but that's all I've heard. I read the Catholics were heavy in Haiti, proseletyzing by their good works again. I told the Humanists we should copy the Catholic model to grow, but they said it wasn't ethical. Sheesh, no fun.

Women are still the biggest supporter of the Catholic church. Religion fervor has decreased in Europe within the Christian communities, but it has increased within the muslin communities.The Vatican has lost a big clientele in Europe and they are even selling some of their real estate, and there are rumors that Muslims might buy some of them. Catholicism is growing in the so called third world countries, and also the Episcopal church in growing in the third world countries, and they are attracting a lot of women too because they are allowed to become ministersReligion attract a lot of peoples because most of the human being do not have scientific and sociological explanation to their problems and their seek solutions in the religious world, that is the reason why primitive men created religion. The official religion of Haiti is Catholicism but most peoples practice Voodoo, like in Cuba most peoples practice Santeria, and peoples with religious beliefs can become members of the so called Communist Party, and they have also indicated that Santeria is part of the peoples culture. The ex-president of Haiti Aristides was going to convert Voodoo into the official religion of Haiti, that is the reason why the catholic church was part of the coup d'tat along with the US government

admice
    Participant

Wish you'ld site sources, but I'm bad about that too.Regarding the appeal of religion too, I'm an atheist, but I don't find having rational answers fulfills my needs. It is not sufficient. It doesn't bring me comfort or console me. Plus science can't answer everything. It is only one reason humans invented religion, there are others.

jondwhite
    Participant
    admice wrote:
    "Feminists obviously attract more female members than male, but also environmental groups and animal rights groups attract a more proportionate composition (reflective of current society) than other political groups." O, I'm gonna leave you guys and go join the fuzzy kitties group.

At least check out these guys, lol, http://antinational.org/en/tag/kittens

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.