Tories discuss stripping benefits claimants who refuse treatment for depression

March 2024 Forums General discussion Tories discuss stripping benefits claimants who refuse treatment for depression

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    james19
    Participant

Tories discuss stripping benefits claimants who refuse treatment for depression

Senior ministers believe the rules should be reviewed in order to reduce the “huge” numbers of people who are declared unfit for work due to mental health problems

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/10964125/Tories-discuss-stripping-benefits-claimants-who-refuse-treatment-for-depression.html

steve colborn
    Participant

I suppose it's to much to ask these "senior" arsewipes, to coinsider getting rid of the main cause of depression within Capitalism? namely Capitalism itself!!!Problem solved. As the Meercats say, "simples".Or as pro Capitalist politicians say would say, if they had the stones,fuck them, let them get even more depressed, do the "decent thing" and reduce the burden on the real creators of wealth, the wealthy.Our "betters" need to wise up and realise it's their system that's the problem and quickly, before more people suffer the dire consequences!

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

I believe that the most effective treatment for depression is not medication but cognitive therapy which is expensive and limited availability. I doubt the Tories are going to spend money on the NHS to make it more readily accessible. 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.