Tories defeated on NHS pay rise motion after DUP backs Labour

April 2024 Forums General discussion Tories defeated on NHS pay rise motion after DUP backs Labour

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    james19
    Participant

It comes after the DUP signalled it would vote with Jeremy Corbyn's party calling for higher wages for health professionals h

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/conservatives-suffer-defeat-on-labour-motion-calling-for-higher-pay-for-nhs-staff-a7945241.html?amp

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sod the NHS. My old dad died in one of their beds and when I went to collect his belongings, dumped into a black bin bag, I discovered that someone had pinched his false teeth. Hardly worn. I'm sure they re-sell them.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Bob Andrews wrote:
    Sod the NHS. My old dad died in one of their beds and when I went to collect his belongings, dumped into a black bin bag, I discovered that someone had pinched his false teeth. Hardly worn. I'm sure they re-sell them.

Bring back the old days!

Anonymous
    Inactive

You're not wrong there Vim. If workers had to pay for treatment it stands to reason there would be less illness. The NHS has hollowed out the working class, making it, ironically, fit for nothing.

imposs1904
    Participant
    Bob Andrews wrote:
    You're not wrong there Vim. If workers had to pay for treatment it stands to reason there would be less illness. The NHS has hollowed out the working class, making it, ironically, fit for nothing.

(With reference to the bolded bit in your post)As someone who lives in the States, I know from bitter experience that this is absolute bollocks.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    imposs1904 wrote:
     I know from bitter experience…

You're amongst friends here, what was the problem?

imposs1904
    Participant

No friends round here . . . just comrades, ex-comrades and apostates. I thought your schtick was that you "knew" the SPGB?

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

i think the real answer is that there would be less illness reported and showing up in the statistics and not actually less people sick or ill.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.