technical problem

April 2024 Forums Website / Technical technical problem

• This topic has 20 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    robbo203
    Participant

I have noticed a slight technical problem.   When you are on the main page for the forums the last post for each of the forums does not seem to correspond with posts in the sub forum.   For instance today looking at the main page the last post for the general discussion forum was 21 hours ago.  But if I click on general discussion I discover there have been quite a few more posts recently.

I also seem to have lost a few posts which appeared on the sub forum  but when I came out of the sub forum to the main page and then back into the sub forum they had disappeared!

Curious

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by robbo203.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Likewise.  I posted something on the Coronavirus thread about three hours ago and although this is currently acknowledged as the last post in the General Discussion sub-forum it has not appeared anywhere.

robbo203
    Participant

Yes I noticed that Dave.  Any ideas,  Matt?

PartisanZ
    Participant

I have no idea what has happened here. I’ll have a look and see.

Bijou Drains
    Participant

I have a similar problem, made several postings which then disappear. Hoping this one gets through.

robbo203
    Participant

Matt, any news yet on what is causing this problem?   It is very distracting

PartisanZ
    Participant

No, not yet. Just hit the ‘General Discussion‘ button to see the latest posts. There is no quick fix which doesn’t risk the whole forum crumbling.

robbo203
    Participant

No, not yet. Just hit the ‘General Discussion‘ button to see the latest posts. There is no quick fix which doesn’t risk the whole forum crumbling.

OMG you wouldn’t want that to happen! What does the slow fix entail?

PartisanZ
    Participant

There were a lot of posts sitting on ‘Pending’. I have no idea why this has happened. (apart from some anti-spam safeguards as they all had links in them) I approved them all and they are up now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This problem has still not been solved – why are some posts getting through and others not?  And individual threads are no longer divided into pages which makes viewing posts much more difficult.  Furthermore, the ‘last post’ facility is only working intermittently.

Sorry, but the forum is presently an absolute shambles – time to call in the ‘experts’?

PartisanZ
    Participant

Posts are being identified as ‘pending’ if they have too many external links in them.

There have been  many such posts.

Taking out and  blocking, spam posts of which there were many and only some got through, has caused some dysfunction.

The experts were called in some time ago, reminded a month ago.

I am still ‘inexpertly’ crisis managing the system nonetheless.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Something is wrong with this software. Posts are not posted or  posts are duplicated, the editing is not working it produces double posting

PartisanZ
    Participant

The duplications are when people have posted and it has not arrived they repost. When I approved them all.

It should be OK now. There are no posts in stuck ‘pending’ as far as I can see.

I haven’t been able to sort the page problem so they are all on  one page.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by PartisanZ.
    robbo203
    Participant

The experts were called in some time ago, reminded a month ago.

Hi Matt,

Any chance they could reminded again as the state of the forum is not good, its just not running well and some of the longer threads are very slow to open. I think we need to get the forum in tip top form because with lockdown its likely that we are going to see an increase in participation rates…

PartisanZ
    Participant

Hi Matt,

Any chance they could reminded again as the state of the forum is not good, its just not running well and some of the longer threads are very slow to open. I think we need to get the forum in tip top form because with lockdown its likely that we are going to see an increase in participation rates…

I intend to do so when this months work is complete.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.