Sunderland Echo thread on the Bedroom Tax.

March 2024 Forums General discussion Sunderland Echo thread on the Bedroom Tax.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    steve colborn
    Participant

An article on the Bedroom Tax in the Sunerland Echo. A link to the same, with comments on the article followng, including my two penneth worth.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local/all-news/sunderland-mps-celebrate-victory-against-bedroom-tax-1-6825894#comments-area

stevecolborn

4:21 PM on 06/09/2014

Once again, a thread on the "bedroom tax", "under occupancy" legislation, degenerates into a bigots platform. It's down to scrounging benefit claimants, the cheaters, the feckless.
    But what about the cheating, feckless wealthy? Does or has, a billionaire, worked so much harder than an ex miner, shipyard worker, nurse, Doctor, care worker, to warrant the differential in wealth and access, that the former has over all the rest I have cited and many more who contribute to society as a whole? Not a chance in flipping hell, have they.
    You, who so blithely castigate members of your own class, are quite prepared to countenance a state of affairs, whereby the richest 85 people in the world have more accumulated wealth than the poorest 3.5 billion people in the world, combined!!! Do you think this is OK! Are you insane, are you serious.
    Because of wealth, it is ok for social parasites like Teutonic Lizzy and Gormless Phil the Greek, to inhabit an abode far to big for their needs, (hundreds of spare rooms), whilst you lot slag off people who have 1 or 2 spare rooms. Once again, I will ask, do you think this is OK! Are you insane, are you serious.
    "Spare" rooms are merely one example. What of the 100's of millions denied clean water, enough to eat, housing, health care etc, in a world easily capable of providing for all of these and many other necessary things?
    Carry on your bigotry and ignorance. I, and others, will continue to put reason and logic to oppose you.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.