Slow loading of Site Index

March 2024 Forums Website / Technical Slow loading of Site Index

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HollyHead
    Participant

I had occasion to look for an article that is posted under the "Publications" tab [above].

I found that the Index to articles etc. was very slow in downloading. I suspect that this was due to the sheer length of the content there.

Would it be possible at some time to split the content into (say) four sections in order to speed up the search process?

I'm aware that my laptop is past it's best and is getting arthritically slow and that others might not find this a problem. I'm also aware that this suggestion is a bit of duck-shoving.

PJShannon
    Keymaster

Thanks for your comment.The slow loading of the page is because of the sheer volume of database requests that have to be executed.There are 2 ways that this page could be speeded up. Either by altering it so that it doesn't load up all at once, as you suggest. Or, the page could be cached, held in the memory of the server, then the page would load without referring to the database each time. Either will require me to do some experimentation. This job is probably number one on the 'to do' list.

HollyHead
    Participant

Thanks Admin.It means I don't have to send the boys round. Again. Or ditch my laptop.

PJShannon
    Keymaster

I have made some improvements to how pages load for anonymous users. If you log out and view the archive page you should find it loads in relatively no time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.