Rule 2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

How is rule 2 to be interpreted by users?

2. The forums proper are intended for public discussion. Personal messages between participants should be sent via private message or by e-mail.

How can a post be identified as a private message rather than a genuine post. I have to say this rule is not easy for me to understand. 

Could the moderator please clarify so that I may avoid pitfalls. 

jondwhite
    Participant

Private message is a technical function distinct from a post. Click on someone's username then click on 'Send this user a message'.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    jondwhite wrote:
    Private message is a technical function distinct from a post. Click on someone's username then click on 'Send this user a message'.

Hi Jondwhite,What I am getting at is – what would constitute a breach of the rule? I cannot myself imagine.

moderator1
    Participant

For an example of a breach of Rule 2.  see #117 on the Science for Communist thread.

moderator1
    Participant

And also #90 on the same thread.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Mod1. I think I understand the rule now  

steve colborn
    Participant

I am struggling to see how rule 2 could or can be applied to Vin Maratty. As far as I can judge, Vin's posts merely followed a natural progression of a thread!!! Steve Colborn.

moderator1
    Participant
    steve colborn wrote:
    I am struggling to see how rule 2 could or can be applied to Vin Maratty. As far as I can judge, Vin's posts merely followed a natural progression of a thread!!! Steve Colborn.

Rule 2. was not applied to Vin.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.