RevLeft.com spin-off forums Red-Marx.com and TheRedFlag.bbster.net

May 2024 Forums Events and announcements RevLeft.com spin-off forums Red-Marx.com and TheRedFlag.bbster.net

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jondwhite
    Participant

Since RevLeft’s downtime (discussed in this topic) two spin-off forums have emerged.

Red Marx is a theory club with Internationalist (known as Broletariat on RevLeft before being banned) as founder and some others as board administrators including S.Artesian, Red Dave and ZeroNowhere who were banned from RevLeft. Banned from Red Marx are social democrats, Stalinists (aka. Marxists-Leninists), mutualists, and social-proletocrats.

The Red Flag claims to be more of a democratic RevLeft alternative (describing itself as pan-leftist) with a focus on Learning with Die Rote Fahne and thesadmafioso as board administrator.

RevLeft is back online now aswell.

robbo203
    Participant

I have been active in Revleft on and off since 2006. Last year I started up a subgroup called For Genuine Free Access Communism  which grew to over 75  members before some idiot on the  Admin team accidently deleted it.  I restarted the group recently and at last count it had 21 members

With Revleft being down  very recently,  I was unable to access my account.  When the site was back in business I tried to log on but found to my dismay that I could not.  I tried to get a new password  but had no luck with that at all. I could not even use the contact facility for some weird reason to find out what was going on

If there is anyone here who is on Revleft  who could possibly contact the admin team and find out what is going on I would  be most grateful.  I have a suspicion that this could be a lock-out but it might just be a technical hitch. of some sort.   My username is robbo203
    cheers

Robin

jondwhite
    Participant

According to the facebook group you need to try and reset your password. There was an opportunity during a break in the downtime but I don’t think it worked for anyone then.

robbo203
    Participant
    jondwhite wrote:
    According to the facebook group you need to try and reset your password. There was an opportunity during a break in the downtime but I don’t think it worked for anyone then.

My problem seems to have been the ” string verification”  code  thingy where you type in letters or numbers to verify that you are human and not an automated spamming machine.  This facility could not be opened up so I could not complete the task of resetting my password. 

What you are saying gives added weight to my suspicion that Revleft  has effectively engaged in a mass lockout of  numerous individuals out of favour with the Board Administration. What it wants basically it seems to me is a compliant user base not into shit stirring and the like.  Ive always felt that the bans and restriction the mods imposed on various people were often way over the top and unnecessary. 
    If my my suspicions are right then this can mean one thing for Revleft  as the world’s leading left wing forum (reputedly) –  its going to go downhill all the way .  Not just in numbers but in terms of the quality of debate. Ive joined RedMarx  as have many of the other  “undesirables” – ex Revlefters – and already Ive noticed a big difference in the quality

jondwhite
    Participant

There is a new splinter called RevForumhttp://www.revforum.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.