Political Festival in Durham

December 2021 Forums Events and announcements Political Festival in Durham

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #86063
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Political Festival in Durham to be held the two days before Durham Miners Gala.

    Home

     

    You might have heard about the People, Pits & Politics Festival in Durham.  It features Paul Mason, Ken Loach, Billy Bragg, Mark Steel, Hilary Wainwright, Claudia Webbe, and Clive Lewis.

    This festival was born to oppose the chaos and misery caused by this Government. Their cruel austerity blights the lives of millions in our communities.

    All is not lost. Another world is possible.

    We have to get organised if we’re going to change it! We have the full-weight of the entire establishment against us. We must all rise to the challenge and ensure we do everything we can to get a government for the many, not the few.   

    This is about more than the big names, though.  It's about us – and what we can do.  

    We're bringing together the very best in community organisers. Political trainers will show us how to do extraordinary things, and empower our communities to make change.   And alternative media will show us how to beat the establishment media at their own game.  Momentum will be there running our training on Persuasive Conversations.  

    Organising sessions from:

    • Grassroots groups who've set up food poverty campaigns
    • Housing action groups fighting sex-for-rent
    • Alternative media training to counter the bile spewed by Mail and the S*n
    • Political education on community wealth building and how to set up co-ops
    • Organising workers and building solidarity for those in precarious work
    • How we can create one million climate change jobs to revitalise our economy
    • Democratic nationalisation of the railways, water, energy and mail
    • And there's films, music and comedy too

    It's on Thursday 12th & Friday 13th July in Durham.  That's the day before the Durham Miners' Gala. 

    Tickets are selling fast and will sell out, please get yours soon to avoid disappointment. Share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter who would love to come too.

    There are also some very special guests we will be announcing soon! 

    Solidarity,

    Jamie Driscoll

      

    P.S.  If you want to stay over, there's cheap accommodation

    You can get your tickets here.  The low-income ones will sell out soon.  

    #132893
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Does the SPGB have any plans for this event?

    #132894
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    patreilly wrote:
    Does the SPGB have any plans for this event?

    Why not ask your ex-comrades in North East Branch?

    #132895
    Bijou Drains
    Participant
    gnome wrote:
    patreilly wrote:
    Does the SPGB have any plans for this event?

    Why not ask your ex-comrades in North East Branch?

    She has!

    #132896
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Bijou Drains wrote:
    gnome wrote:
    patreilly wrote:
    Does the SPGB have any plans for this event?

    Why not ask your ex-comrades in North East Branch?

    She has!

    #132897
    Bijou Drains
    Participant
    patreilly wrote:
    Bijou Drains wrote:
    gnome wrote:
    patreilly wrote:
    Does the SPGB have any plans for this event?

    Why not ask your ex-comrades in North East Branch?

    She has!

    Sorry, I thought you self identified as a woman on Saturday mornings, all of this identity politics has got me a bit confused. I like to be a dalek on Thursday evenings.

    #132898
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Bijou Drains wrote:
    Sorry, I thought you self identified as a woman on Saturday mornings, all of this identity politics has got me a bit confused. I like to be a dalek on Thursday evenings.

    You said you would not tell anyone. 

    #132899
    Major McPharter
    Participant
    patreilly wrote:
    Bijou Drains wrote:
    Sorry, I thought you self identified as a woman on Saturday mornings, all of this identity politics has got me a bit confused. I like to be a dalek on Thursday evenings.

    You said you would not tell anyone. Karl marx meeting at the peoples bookshop Durham may31 6.30pm.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.