Peter Joseph Interview on Russia Today Oct 29th

April 2024 Forums General discussion Peter Joseph Interview on Russia Today Oct 29th

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ozymandias
    Participant

As much as I am suspicious of this guy and bemused as to his obsession with “Money as Debt” stuff I thoughtI would alert you to this video  http://www.thezeitgeistmovementuk.com/oct-27th-tzm-on-russia-today

ALB
    Keymaster

I must confess that Peter Joseph is a good publicist for a world without money, especially as he always emphasises the world aspect of the way-out (and despite the money-as-debt stuff and his rejection of democracy both in theory and practice).There’s another interview with him on RT here where he actually mentions one class exploiting another.

ALB
    Keymaster

Here’s another Peter Joseph interview with RT (on 15 September). It’s a good outline of the Zeitgeist case. Interestingly, he comes out as being explicitly against capitalism and at one point even uses the word “democratic” in relation to the “resource-based economy”.We wouldn’t agree with his economic analysis about the debt burden and technological unemployment leading to an economic collapse of capitalism, but to give the man his due he is able to put a good case for a world society without frontiers and without the need for money based on the world’s resources being the common heritage of all.

DJP
    Participant

Gripes about the finer points of economic theory and his over optimism on the possibilities of artificial intellegence aside, he speaks a lot more sense then most.It’s really encouraging to think that stuff like this is being broadcast on a channel which can be viewed in most homes across the UK.

Ozymandias
    Participant

What channel’s that?

DJP
    Participant

RT, it’s on freeview channel 90 something..

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Ozymandias wrote:
    What channel’s that?

Russia Today.  It’s transmitted on thirteen satellites, covering Europe, Asia, the Americas, southern Africa and Australia.  Of these, eleven transmit the channel free to air, enabling it to be received without a subscription.In the UK and Ireland the channel is available on Sky channel 512.  It is also available in the UK 24 hours per day on Freeview channel 85 and on Freesat channel 206.

Ozymandias
    Participant

Right. I check this channel out all the time. I don’t know what to think of it. What do youse think? Cheers R

DJP
    Participant

I watch this channel a lot. It’s interesting in that it gives a different perspective than is on the other channels, but they clearly have there own agenda, don’t know who finances it? Peter Joseph was singing their praises when I saw him on there, which I thought was a little naive…

Anonymous
    Inactive
    DJP wrote:
    I watch this channel a lot. It’s interesting in that it gives a different perspective than is on the other channels, but they clearly have there own agenda, don’t know who finances it? Peter Joseph was singing their praises when I saw him on there, which I thought was a little naive…

Too true.  The channel’s financed by the state-owned, state-run, RIA Novosti……….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.