Nato summit in Newport – 4th/5th September 2014

April 2024 Forums Events and announcements Nato summit in Newport – 4th/5th September 2014

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Quote:
    On 4th & 5th September 2014 the NATO summit will be taking place at the Celtic Manor Resort in Newport, Wales

Quote:
    Join the mass demonstration against the NATO summit on Saturday, 30th August. Meet at 1pm at Newport Civic Centre for a march around the city. All welcome.

http://www.nonatonewport.org/

freetimes3x
    Participant

I'm hoping to be there on Thursday 4th and Friday 5th September. Anyone else fancy coming?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    freetimes3x wrote:
    I'm hoping to be there on Thursday 4th and Friday 5th September. Anyone else fancy coming?

Well done, Jim.  All it needs now is for the comrades in Wales to get their act together.

freetimes3x
    Participant

I didn't make it to Newport today. I'm not feeling too well. Perhaps I'll give it a go tomorrow. 

Brian
    Participant

So far there are not many protesters.  250 in Cardiff and about 350 in Newport.  I assume the 'lockdowns' with limited access to the assembly point is putting people off demonstrating.

ALB
    Keymaster

There's nothing much in Newport to see anyway. I should know. I was born there. They have even taken down a mural there to the Chartist Uprising in Newport in 1839. And that Celtic Manor is a monstrosity and folly built by a Canadian billionaire born there who has more money than sense.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.