Members Only Forum?

April 2024 Forums Website / Technical Members Only Forum?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it possible we can do away with the archaic and invasive Yahoo! email ‘list’ and not just have a member’s access only part of this forum / website like everyone else does? I didn’t even think Yahoo was still going until I tried registering for Spintcom. I’ve not done so as I do not want to register for yet another account, especially with Yahoo/AOL as they are invasive and not very good at keeping your data private, plus as if to underline this you HAVE to hand over your mobile number to merely create an account. No thanks.

On the page I saw on Spintcom was a warning about trojan horse viruses – why are we still persisting with this old tat method of communication? Must be easier to just create a member only forum here on our own website, no?

PartisanZ
    Participant

Must be easier to just create a member only forum here on our own website, no?

What happens when the website is down for any reason? The email lists provide another communications network.

We would need to cost another separate email server.

The trojan alert was a pre-emptive warning by me as a member had allowed their email to become compromised.

That can potentially happen with any email service.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.