Medieval history

April 2024 Forums Off topic Medieval history

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PartisanZ
    Participant
    Thomas_More

Participant
    (82.132.233.130)

Movimiento

Movimiento, I don’t support class society either, and to support a dead one is impossible anyway. It isn’t about supporting, but about ascribing the wrong faults and not the correct ones. Using “medieval” / the “middle ages” as an epithet deserved by a later, much lauded (“Renaissance”) era is both undeserved and tiresome.

– As is the term “medieval” in the first place, assuming a period of stagnation between the two “civilised” ones of Roman empire and “Renaissance.”

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by PartisanZ.
    PartisanZ
    Participant

By PJ S

“– As is the term “medieval” in the first place, assuming a period of stagnation between the two “civilised” ones of Roman empire and “Renaissance.”

A bit off-topic, but isn’t ‘medieval’ a reasonable description of a fairly dark western European period of migrations, invasions, wars, collapses, total loss of knowledge, and, er, multiple plague pandemics?

PartisanZ
    Participant
      by Wez

Participant
    (80.1.40.62)

You’re both forgetting the ‘Dark Ages’ that took place between the Roman departure and the arrival of William the Bastard in this country. With such shadowy figures like King Arthur and Ragnar Lodbrok it is one of my favourites although now much maligned by modern historians.

Anonymous
    Inactive

“With such shadowy figures like King Arthur and Ragnar Lodbrok it is one of my favourites although now much maligned by modern historians.”

Presumably by “shadowy” you mean fictional which almost certainly both were.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.