Jacque Fresco and the Venus Project

May 2024 Forums General discussion Jacque Fresco and the Venus Project

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    moderator1
    Participant
    Vin wrote:
    'bob andrews' is not 'civil'. You are going to suspend a party member for drawing your attention to trolls and spammers. You should hang your head in shame. It is tantamount to action detrimental.

3rd and final Warning: 7. You are free to express your views candidly and forcefully provided you remain civil. Do not use the forums to send abuse, threats, personal insults or attacks, or purposely inflammatory remarks (trolling). Do not respond to such messages.This 3rd and final warning will remain in force for the next 30 days.  If the user continues to breach the guidelines and rules within that timeframe I will issue an indefinite suspension.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Moderator As I have done no different  compared to many other members I do not understand this warning.  Other members have done exactly the same but received no warnings? Many members break the rules as I have already pointed out. They go off topic to abuse me and they speak directly to me instead of a PM. They request clarification from admin and mod. Are you suggesting that in order to avoid suspension I need to act differently? 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Vin wrote:
    'bob andrews' is not 'civil'. You are going to suspend a party member for drawing your attention to trolls and spammers. You should hang your head in shame. It is tantamount to action detrimental.

Can you explain how this breaks the forum rules? 

moderator1
    Participant
    Vin wrote:
    Moderator As I have done no different  compared to many other members I do not understand this warning.  Other members have done exactly the same but received no warnings? Many members break the rules as I have already pointed out. They go off topic to abuse me and they speak directly to me instead of a PM. They request clarification from admin and mod. Are you suggesting that in order to avoid suspension I need to act differently? 

You are well aware of how the Off-topic rule works in practice and the reasons why it was relaxed.  You are complaining about users not using the PM facility yet you have persistently not taken advantage of it by sending me a PM.  Yes many users have breached the rules which is only to be expected.  However, the present protocol of moderation is to issue a reminder and then issue a warning when the rules are breached.Yes I've always suggested that in order to avoid suspension you need to act differently.  So nothing has changed in that respect.  I further advise you that if wish to continue this conversation you either PM me or conduct it on the 'Moderation suggestion' thread.This thread will be locked shortly.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • The topic ‘Jacque Fresco and the Venus Project’ is closed to new replies.