international marxist humanists

April 2024 Forums General discussion international marxist humanists

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    admice
    Participant

http://www.internationalmarxisthumanist.org/articles/resistance-emancipation-foucault-marcuse-marx-present-moment-kevin-anderson

Have anything on this group? Least they are near me (and I'm a secular humanist). Met the author of this article and started reading it which made me feel stupid and uneducated which people tell me I'm not. Eventually I'll get through it.)

Met him at my first anarchist bookfair. I am old, lol.

admice
    Participant

O, sorry I see some posts about them now that I know it's Kliman related, but if you want to recommend is OK too.

ALB
    Keymaster

Don't worry. It's not you, it's them. I don't know who said "when I hear the name Foucault I reach for my gun". I agree and the same goes for Bordieu, Derrida, Lyotard, Deleuze,etc. They are just pseudo-intellectuel poseurs, windbags with nothing interesting or relevant to say.

jondwhite
    Participant

What about Ranciere?

ALB
    Keymaster

He was alright when he stuck to working-class history (even though he was a Maoist) but then he became a "philosopher" and veered off into aesthetics.  It's unbelievable what passes for "philosophy" in France. Bring back Rosa Lichtenstein !

DJP
    Participant
    admice wrote:
    O, sorry I see some posts about them now that I know it's Kliman related, but if you want to recommend is OK too.

This is the Kliman related group: http://www.marxisthumanistinitiative.org/

zundap
    Participant

I attended a talk given by one of their members at this years Anarchist Book Fair on class. It was hopeless, according to them the workers are divided up into a plethora of class subdivisions.I took the speaker to task for calling workers "ordinary" and gave the Party's analysis of class which went down rather well with the forty or so there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.