Individualist anarchism lives !

August 2022 Forums General discussion Individualist anarchism lives !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #80981
    ALB
    Keymaster

    Here’s a blast from the 19th century ? Or is it from 18th century New England ?

    #87536
    robbo203
    Participant

    There is quite a bit of this around – so called market anarchism,  Some of these free market anti capitalists get quite offended if you accidently call them anarchocapitalists. Ive been having a crack at them over on libcom recently. One guy pointed me in the direction of a mutualist blog and the mutualist journal. I have come across Kevin Carsons stuff at mutualist.org before.  A curious mix of ideas.  For instance Carsons sees merit in both the LTV and the subjective theory of value as well. and seeks to combine them.  He’s quite hot on Marxian primitive accumulation theory too  and at times sounds like a Marxist in his condemnation of capitalism.  I wonder if the SPGB has done any stuff on modern day Mutualism a la Carsons and the Left Libertariuan crowd – as opposed to Proudhon

    #87537
    ALB
    Keymaster

    We clashed with Kevin (I’m tempted to call him Kit) Carson ten years ago on the WSM Forum. Here’s an example of his arguments against socialism (which also give some of our counter-arguments):http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/WSM_Forum/message/13851http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/WSM_Forum/message/14041http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/WSM_Forum/message/14090http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/WSM_Forum/message/14279I suppose we could review this new book if we can find a someone to read through pages and pages in praise of the market.

    #87534
    jondwhite
    Participant

    I have Carsons book Studies in Mutual Economy but its pretty difficult to understand.

    #87535
    jondwhite
    Participant

    In fact the author has released it free herehttp://www.mutualist.org/id47.html

    #87538
    DJP
    Participant

    It seems it is not only alive but booming. See how many views this idiot is getting for his video.

    #87539
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Idiot indeed.  Another ignoramous who hasn’t a clue about the world he lives in.  

    #87540
    DJP
    Participant
    gnome wrote:
    Idiot indeed.  Another ignoramous who hasn’t a clue about the world he lives in.  

    Though in fairness he has previously changed his mind on certain things (i.e. 911 conspiracies) in light of the evidence. So perhaps he will correct himself here. I’ve emailed him a link to the Anarchist FAQ!I’m not holding my breath though!

    #87541
    ALB
    Keymaster

    Are we sure this isn’t one of his (Charlie Veitch of the Love Police) spoof videos?As to Stefan Molyneux, there’s a good point-by-point refutation of this mad marketeer by Peter Joseph here.It’s 50 minutes but everything is there: refutation of the ideas that capitalism has or could exist without the state; that resources are finite and desires are infinite; that without prices, efficient resource allocation is impossible; that the calculation problem is insurmountable; etc. In fact, this is one of the best (if not the best) video refutation of the so-called “economic calculation argument” on the internet as well as putting the case for a money-free world of abundance and open access. And it’s been seen by over 68,000.

    #87542
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    ALB wrote:
    Are we sure this isn’t one of his (Charlie Veitch of the Love Police) spoof videos?

    Quite possibly so I’ll revise my description and refer to him in future as a super ego-tripping ignoramus. 

    ALB wrote:
    As to Stefan Molyneux, there’s a good point-by-point refutation of this mad marketeer by Peter Joseph here.It’s 50 minutes but everything is there: refutation of the ideas that capitalism has or could exist without the state; that resources are finite and desires are infinite; that without prices, efficient resource allocation is impossible; that the calculation problem is insurmountable; etc. In fact, this is one of the best (if not the best) video refutation of the so-called “economic calculation argument” on the internet as well as putting the case for a money-free world of abundance and open access. And it’s been seen by over 68,000.

    Good for PJ Merola.  I’m sharing this as widely as possible. 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.