Funeral of Hugh Armstrong (Glasgow Branch)

March 2024 Forums Events and announcements Funeral of Hugh Armstrong (Glasgow Branch)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ozymandias
    Participant

Hello this is just a note to confirm the funeral of my father Hugh Armstrong who died Sunday 21st aged 80. He was a long serving member of Glasgow Branch having first came into contact with the party in the early 60's. He also spoke for the party on many occasions. His funeral service will be held in Glasgow at 

Maryhill Crematorium

Friday 2nd February

12:15pm

with a purvey at Maryhill Social Club

Also I have to clear my fathers flat so if anyone in the Glasgow area could use a large amount of WSM lit including books, pamphlets, Standards (some early numbers in bound editions) then please get in touch with me. Yours Raymond Armstrong

imposs1904
    Participant

Condolences to you and your family, Raymond, on your sad loss. I met your Dad a couple of times about 15/16 years ago, and he was a good guy.all the best.

jondwhite
    Participant

My condolences. I would be interested in some of the old WSM lit but am not in the Glasgow area.

Ozymandias
    Participant

Listen Thankyou very much guys! 

Ozymandias
    Participant

Just a last call to say that I still have a large amount of Standards and some pamphlets left. They will be getting tipped in the bin if they can't be claimed by anyone in the Glasgow area. 

robbo203
    Participant
    Ozymandias wrote:
    Just a last call to say that I still have a large amount of Standards and some pamphlets left. They will be getting tipped in the bin if they can't be claimed by anyone in the Glasgow area. 

Ozy,  Rather than do that why not try offloading them on to a charity or second hand book shop for free.  I did that when I moved house recently and I wouldnt be surprised if you get a little spurt of enquiries from Southern Spain shortly that would be the reason

ALB
    Keymaster

Can't you send the pamphlets back to Head Office so they can be recycled to newer members (we've got enough back issues there)?. The Party has enough money to pay the postage.

Major McPharter
    Participant
    Ozymandias wrote:
    Just a last call to say that I still have a large amount of Standards and some pamphlets left. They will be getting tipped in the bin if they can't be claimed by anyone in the Glasgow area. North/east branch will have any bound volumes comrade
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.