Forum Slow and Frequent Drop Outs/Page Not Found Errors?

April 2024 Forums Website / Technical Forum Slow and Frequent Drop Outs/Page Not Found Errors?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Not been here for a while. Forum seem VERY slow loading pages and frequently drops out to page not found. Using Firefox and Linux and no other problems with other pages. Will try Windows/IE later but when tried that yesterday, same results.

Also other pages (Standard Archive for example) also not loading and then dropping to PNF errors.

Feels like server is very slow or overloaded and I am sure, despite our popularity with the masses, that this is due to high site volumes……!?

PJShannon
    Keymaster

Thanks for the message. Yes the site does not perform as fast at it should be. The problems are due to the server, not anything on your end. We will be seeking professional advice on the most effective ways of improving performance.In the meantime things will work quicker if you view the site whilst logged out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We've just increased the VPS memory to get to the bottom of the
    performance issue . In the meantime, would those who visit the SPGB
    website regularly please keep an eye on the performance for the next month
    and let us know if things seem to run faster and with fewer timeouts or
    refused connections?

steve colborn
    Participant

Using Windows/IE, I have found this to also problematic. Frequent Access Denied responses Matt. Will, as you ask Matt, keep a watch on performance over the next month. Steve.

J Surman
    Participant

Thanks for the info Matt. I've usually just blamed our super-slow 2G mobile connection for time outs etc.Now I'm hoping to be able to give you some good news in a couple of weeks or so.All the best, Janet

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Matt wrote:
    We've just increased the VPS memory to get to the bottom of the
    performance issue . In the meantime, would those who visit the SPGB
    website regularly please keep an eye on the performance for the next month
    and let us know if things seem to run faster and with fewer timeouts or
    refused connections?

I was under the impression that the problem had been laid squarely at the door of our present web-hosting company.  What happened to plans to change to an alternative one?We really do have to sort this problem as the slow connections and timeouts must be deterring an awful lot of people from visiting our site.  None of the many other sites I visit have this issue. 

DJP
    Participant

gnome wrote:
    I was under the impression that the problem had been laid squarely at the door of our present web-hosting company.  What happened to plans to change to an alternative one?

We are currently seeking professional advise and help as to the best way to resolve the problem and to assist with a move if that is deemed the best course of action. Now that 'other duties' are not taking up the time and energy of the department we are hoping to resolve this quite soon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.