Coronavirus

April 2024 Forums General discussion Coronavirus

Viewing 15 posts - 1,306 through 1,320 (of 1,593 total)
  • Author
    DJP
    Participant

High-risk people in the UK can already get Vitamin D for free from the NHS:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk/get-vitamin-d-supplements/

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/vitamin-d-toxicity/faq-20058108

Vitamin D toxicity is usually caused by large doses of vitamin D supplements — not by diet or sun exposure. That’s because your body regulates the amount of vitamin D produced by sun exposure, and even fortified foods don’t contain large amounts of vitamin D.

But re-reading my post it is rather naive of me to think hot countries have lower covid cases. Plenty of sunny states in the USA have high numbers.

Bijou Drains
    Participant

I think the small number of Covid deaths in some relatively hot countries is much more likely to be as a result of different demographic patterns. If most deaths are in the over 60s and a country doesn’t have many over 60s, then that country will probably not have many Covid deaths.

ALB
    Keymaster

That’s one of the explanations offered for the drop in cases in India and talk even of “herd immunity” having been achieved there through millions of young people getting immunity through having had the disease without knowing or with only mild symptoms.

Of course, it is only talk at the moment but it raises the question of whether or not the English government’s policy of aiming to vaccinate every adult is strictly necessary — if, for the vast majority of the under 60s, you don’t have any symptoms or it’s the same as a bout of mild flu, might you not just need to vaccinate the over 60s (and younger vulnerable groups ), as some lockdown-sceptics have been claiming from the start)?

Still, better to be safe than sorry and, if the capitalist state is prepared to put up the money, no point in looking a gift horse in the mouth.

PartisanZ
    Participant

I just got an unexpected visit from a cheery nurse with a spare AstraZenaca injection for me, as I was next on her ‘at risk’ list.

No hesitation from me in saying, ‘yes please’.

I was waiting on a phone call and thought I would have to go down to my GPs.

Pure, dead, brilliant, are these NHS professionals.

Bijou Drains
    Participant

That’s great news Matthew.

We might have to introduce vaccine passports for Party conference!

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

No Jab – No Job

Anonymous
    Inactive

“This is a zoonotic virus knocking on the door”. 🙁

Another reason why the issues of habitat destruction and capitalist industrial style farming should be a matter of great concern to everyone…

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medical/nipah-virus-warning-brain-swelling-sickness-with-75-death-rate-could-spark-next-pandemic/ar-BB1dQj4P?ocid=msedgdhp&fbclid=IwAR3OkJD2wuJxwyVATQ5us7S3j-pkBPc0c_ZEojZZLc0-tdGiXhDyCkNL-yc

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster
    Anonymous
    Inactive

https://www.eater.com/22279143/asian-american-violence-attacks-covid-19-save-chinatown-efforts

The same historic aptitute that has existed for more than 400 years, to blame the internal problems on the foreign workers instead of the ruling class ( it is not the hegelian concept of the others ) and a bunch of assholes and ignorants always believe and repeat the same lies. Physical attacks on the Asian peoples is another edpidemic, more than 3000 attacks have taken place in 2020/2021. Reading comics books, watching TV, and playing video games nobody learn anything about science and medical sciences, the coronavirus is not a product of the eating habits of the Chinese, and it did not originate in China either, it came from animals like all virus and then it was propagated by humans and deforestation is one of the contributers besides others factors. The real disease is capitalism and nobody is hitting the Piñata

Anonymous
    Inactive

A new report by The Lancet, one of the world’s leading medical journals, shows in great detail how the Trump regime’s response to the coronavirus (and the country’s well-being more generally) actually shortened Americans’ lifespans through incompetence and malevolence.

The Lancet report specifically notes Trump’s “disdain for science and manipulation of hatred,” adding that his “Make America Great Again” promise “camouflaged policies that enriched people who were already very wealthy and gave corporations license to degrade the environment for financial gain.”

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32545-9/fulltext

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Moderna expects to rake in $18.4bn (£13bn) of sales from its coronavirus vaccine this year, marking a huge turnaround in the fortunes of the US biotech firm.

The expected revenue is far higher than the $11.2bn predicted by analysts, and exceeds the $15bn in sales that its US rival Pfizer expects for the Covid-19 vaccine…

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/feb/25/moderna-forecasts-18bn-in-sales-of-covid-vaccine-this-year

PJShannon
    Keymaster

Given these sorts of whopping profits, I can’t understand why conspiracists, instead of claiming the virus is a hoax and vaccines a vehicle for mind-control, haven’t touted the far simpler plot that the virus was manufactured by drug companies in order to sell vaccines. Or maybe they’ve said that as well? Do conspiracists have to be consistent with each other?

Bijou Drains
    Participant

“Do conspiracists have to be consistent with each other?”

They don’t appear to have to be consistent with anything, e.g. truth, common sense, reality, etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The winner ticket is going to be Johnston & Johnston vaccine. Only one shot is needed and it can be kept in a regular refrigerator

Viewing 15 posts - 1,306 through 1,320 (of 1,593 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.