Coronavirus

March 2024 Forums General discussion Coronavirus

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 1,593 total)
  • Author
    Ozymandias
    Participant

Latest stats today.

Sweden (Population 10.1 Millions)

Covid 19 Fatalities 3674

Belarus (Population 9.5 Millions)

Covid 19 Fatalities 160

I don’t think either nation has had lockdown implemented. I know Belarus is a third world country so maybe doubtful but Sweden?

Anonymous
    Inactive

If we make an autopsy to all the patients who have died since the beginning of this pandemic, it would be shown that many did not die from COVID 19, and some patients already had some preexisting conditions such as heart diseases, pulmonary diseases,  diabetes, cancers, asthma, vitamins deficiency,  liver and pancreatic diseases. Many young peoples have died because they are eating craps, and they do not have any  viral resistance

I think this virus already existed before it emerged in China, in the same way, that the virus for the called Spanish flue ( which emerged in Arkansas ) have existed 15 years before the pandemic. My mother had cancer for more than 25 years without any medical therapy, she had a high  level of immunity and resistance, and she did not grow up  eating hamburgers, fried potatoes and synthetic foods, and living a  sedentary life,  she had a natural diet, fresh vegetables and fruits, and fresh seafood, she died when she was 98 years old

Bijou Drains
    Participant

Ozzymandias

is that you on the BBC have your day, or are the two Ozzymandiases?

Ozymandias
    Participant

?

Bijou Drains
    Participant

There is a regular commenter on the BBC news site feedback section who uses the same name as you, I thought you might be one and the same. My post should read Have your say (HYS)

Ozymandias
    Participant

Just watched Michael Moore’s video response to the backlash created by his latest film “Planet of the Humans”. He stated that (according to sources at the National Institutes of Health) this is the beginning of a two year pandemic. Fuckin hell. I just don’t know what is real.

Ozymandias
    Participant

Sorry Bijou that’s not me.

Bijou Drains
    Participant

Sweden (Population 10.1 Millions)

Covid 19 Fatalities 3674

Belarus (Population 9.5 Millions)

Covid 19 Fatalities 160

The Swedish figures are probably far more important that the Belarussian ones, it has a very strange, neo Stalinist regime.

If you compare the figures for Sweden to the UK

Working on a UK population figure of about 68 million, that would give Sweden a death toll of about 25,000, admittedly better than the UK, but considering the population density of Sweden, a lot worse than could be expected. Stockholm metropolitan area has a population of about 2 and 1/2 millioin, so roughly a 1/4 of the population, and the other cities are much smaller by comparison, so it is possibly not the best comparison with the UK. Another factor to take into account is that generally speaking residential and nursing homes in Scandinavia are much smaller and better equiped than the ones in the UK. I don’t know a lot about Swedish Social Services provision, but I will try and find out.

Ozymandias
    Participant

Cool. Fair enough mate.

Anonymous
    Inactive

To supplement BD’s stats.  The demographics of Sweden compared with the UK are quite different.  The population is less than a sixth, there are only three cities with a population in excess of 300k, the population density is a mere 25 people per Km2, the median age is 41 years and more than half of households are single-person.

Dave B
    Participant

It is in various places

This is one

According to Prof Walter Ricciardi, scientific adviser to Italy’s minister of health………………… “The way in which we code deaths in our country is very generous in the sense that all the people who die in hospitals with the coronavirus are deemed to be dying of the coronavirus…………….On re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12 per cent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus, while 88 per cent of patients who have died have at least one pre-morbidity – many had two or three,” he says.

I might send links later if I feel like it was also on one of the sites I just sent links to!

Dave B
    Participant

Picture taken on the tube in London this morning. The commuters seem more worried about dying from putting on their trousers than from COVID-19 – and the risk may actually be greater, given that London is almost virus-free and eight people died while trying to put on their trousers last year.

Dave B
    Participant

""

Dave B
    Participant
    Dave B
    Participant

hi matt

I think there is a non lockdown low population density Japan and Macau post on hold

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 1,593 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.