Clarification of forum rules

July 2024 Forums Website / Technical Clarification of forum rules

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it against forum rules to to call another forum member a liar?

I have asked this and received no reply. So, if no answer is forthcoming, and judging by other comments against me then I can only assume it is a fair comment to make. But I await correction.

DJP
    Participant

No it is not okay to call another forum user a liar. Rule 5. "Personal abuse, flaming and trolling will not be tolerated"

Anonymous
    Inactive

So why tolerate it against me?

DJP
    Participant
    TheOldGreyWhistle wrote:
    So why tolerate it against me?

It isn't. I am unaware of any currently published comments that do claim that you are a liar. If you are please make the moderator aware of them by using the report button or by means of a private message and they will be removed.

steve colborn
    Participant

DJP, the comment claiming OGW was a liar, was on the now, locked thread. That this comment has now been expunged is to be applauded, however, the comment was not removed immediately it was made indeed, there were a significant number of posts appearing between its appearance and the thread lockdown.With your other "hat on", you will know that this locked thread was the one containing the "liar comment" and that I am correct about the number of intervening posts.

DJP
    Participant
    steve colborn wrote:
    That this comment has now been expunged is to be applauded, however, the comment was not removed immediately it was made indeed, there were a significant number of posts appearing between its appearance and the thread lockdown.

Indeed. I cannot be on guard on the forum 24/7 and neither can be expected to always make instantaneous decisions.The thread will be unlocked soon, when tempers have cooled.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    DJP wrote:
    steve colborn wrote:
    That this comment has now been expunged is to be applauded, however, the comment was not removed immediately it was made indeed, there were a significant number of posts appearing between its appearance and the thread lockdown.

Indeed. I cannot be on guard on the forum 24/7 and neither can be expected to always make instantaneous decisions.The thread will be unlocked soon, when tempers have cooled.

Tempers?so now you claim the thread was closed to calm tempers?If there were tempers it is because YOU shut down threads and threatened suspensions for no good reason. As I have said elswhere – stop the over the top administration 

DJP
    Participant

The purpose of locking a thread is to prevent discussion degenerating into an inflammatory argument.Your original question has been answered, this thread has reached the end of its usefulness.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Clarification of forum rules’ is closed to new replies.